Logo

1995 mercury 115

"I just got a '95 125. Fro

"I just got a '95 125. From what I have read from these gentlemen, it's a called a 2 + 2. At idle it runs on the top to cylinders then at around 1800 RPM it kicks in the lower two. Besides that I don't know much more. I'm just now getting mine to where it’s running like new again. Good luck and this forum has so much information about your motor. Just search "115" in the Mercury discussion and you will have your hands full."

"The 115 was very popular and

"The 115 was very popular and a decent engine with no real chronic issues. It stayed in production until 2005 and is still well supported by Merc (parts/service).

If the compression is good, it runs decently and is in fair cosmetic shape I would expect that vintage to sell for between 1500 (salt run motor) and maybe 2500 (top end if in excellent shape).

Personally, I would have no issue hangin' a 95, 115 off the back of my boat."

"..."Personally, I would h

"..."Personally, I would have no issue hangin' a 95, 115 off the back of my boat."

Hopefully, not the boat you did those small motors tests on!

Jeff"

Chronic Issues:
Oil line tubi

Chronic Issues:
Oil line tubing.
Oil tank/cap leaking.
Oil tank sensor/alarm.
Voltage Regulator/stator burn out. (fire hazard)
L/U stuck/salted on the nose stud. Hard to remove.
Poppit valve/chronic overheat (weed infested waters)

"Bandit certainly knows these

"Bandit certainly knows these motors...the problems he pointed out are common but with proper maintenance, it is a great motor. There is a slight bit of hesitation at 1800RPM when the motor goes from 2 to 4 cylinders(especially on decelleration... 4 to 2) but if adjusted correctly, it isn't too much of an annoyance. Change those oil lines immediately...mine were brittle and ready to crumble. Have it checked out by a Merc mechanic before purchase...money well spent!"

"What, I can't put a 115 o

"What, I can't put a 115 on my 220lb 14 foot aluminum?

And a little too small for my 25 footer (but a pair would be nice) - ok, would hang it on the back of a boat that it was suited to - if I owned one in that class..."

"Hi!

Had the 1997 2+2

"Hi!

Had the 1997 2+2. Ran great, similar issues with volt regulator and alarms. Seemed that the alarm unit was faulty...

Good idea to run a 100:1 mix in the tank for peace of mind...

Ignition switches also known to give hassles.

Otherwise good motors judging by the amount seen on the ponds around here.

Enjoy!"

Back