Logo

Fuel Filter Location

ruckus3313

Regular Contributor
I cannot find my fuel filter a

I cannot find my fuel filter anywhere on my 84 aq125A???I looked on the block on the oil filter side.. I looked on the side with my fuel pump and thermal fuse all the way down to my oil pan. i looked in the rear by my tilt mechanism and down by my steering arm??? I cant find a fuel filter anywhere. They show one in both my manual and at the volvo penta store. any chance it was removed or never came with one. Original engine hours are only 462 and Im only the second owner???

"Maybe they didn't install

"Maybe they didn't install it or someone removed it? Follow the fuel line from the carb to the tank, sometimes they attach the filter to the transom.

There is also a fine filter inside the carb, but that's a different story."

"I dont think they installed o

"I dont think they installed one on this unit. Would a universal filter added in do any justice or just a waste of money???I see those little universal cartridge style filters everywhere.And as far as installation goes, could i splice it in about a foot before the fuel pump??or where should i put it??"

I have mine installed by the t

I have mine installed by the transom. You want it in an area that is easily accessible and where a fuel spill would not put you or the boat in immediate danger.

BTW those little cartridge filters are also quite good at trapping small amounts of water that may be present in the fuel.

"Thanks for the help El P. I w

"Thanks for the help El P. I will install a small cartridge style filter this weekend for any future contaminants. I will mount it in an "easy to get to spot" just in case. oh, as far as the fine filter in my carb. should that be changed or cleaned and how hard is it to get to??"

"Thanks again. It kinda looks

"Thanks again. It kinda looks like a pain in the rear to remove and clean.But as soon as i start doing it ill think to myself, darn this easy.good fishing and boating to ya!!"

Back