Logo

Yamaha Pistons

mibowman

Any ideas where to locate quic

Any ideas where to locate quickly:

3 Starbord Side .50mm oversize pistons. Yahama part # 6g5-11636-00-00. Need yamaha origional equiptment replacement part.

Please let me know

Thanks

"Wow! after checking some of t

"Wow! after checking some of these prices on repair/replacement parts, I know that most any preventive maintenance costs are probably good investments! $450 for a starter motor...this should be a felony!"

"With outboards a couple thing

"With outboards a couple things are the "absolute truth".

1 - buy as much horsepower as you can afford that will safely fit on your boat (and if you can't afford what "should" be on it, don't buy anything) - that is significantly cheaper than trying to improve performance after the fact and you WILL be disappointed if you buy a manual 50 horse and really wanted a 90 electric

2 - plan on spending a couple hundred a year on maintenance - it's two hundred today or two thousand tomorrow - when that impeller that you "will get to next year" goes and your powerhead fries."

"I agree 100%, with the costs

"I agree 100%, with the costs of parts and labor for repairs, who should worry about good oil, fuel additives/stabilizers,good maintenance. And as far as trying to squeeze a few extra horsepower out of an outboard motor by making modifications,it's not cost effective or a good idea at all. It's not like taking grandpa's Chevy V8 and adding a couple of carburetors and header exhausts for 20 or 30 more H.P."

"Haveing the powerhead rebuilt

"Haveing the powerhead rebuilt on my yami. Oil line broke and seized. I cannot the price - 3400 I thoought we were in a recession. Not trying to make modifications, rebuild of powerhead was less than new powerhead"

"Brian, 3400 bucks sounds quit

"Brian, 3400 bucks sounds quite steep for a rebuild - but you don't mention what motor and what work will be done."

150 Yamaha Pro V

Complete r

150 Yamaha Pro V

Complete re-build
Cylinder Bore
Pistons
All else for re-build
Oil pump& hoses
Carb re-build
New Water pump
SS prop Re hub and maintenance

I also cannot understaand why this would take 6 weeks to complete.

"HOW MANY CYLINDERS BORED? HOW

"HOW MANY CYLINDERS BORED? HOW MANY NEW PISTONS, ETC? I JUST BUILT A 225 VMAX WITH ALL NEW PISTONS BEARINGS SEALS ETC FOR UNDER $2000"

"Hmmm,

rebuilt kit from one

"Hmmm,

rebuilt kit from one of the places that put it all together - 1000-1500 bucks (pistons/rings/gaskets/seals etc)

waterpump - 50 bucks

bore 6 cylinders - 300 bucks

rebuild carbs - kits/labour - 400-600 bucks

rehub of prop - 50-100 bucks

and don't forget labour

Since it includes the carbs and oil pump the 3400 sounds about right..."

Depends how busy the shop is a

Depends how busy the shop is and where you are in line. If they have the facility to bore on site it should take no more than a couple of days (once they start).

If they are sending out to a machine shop then you have two lines to wait in. In any event 8 weeks sounds quite long.

Ok so I could only find 4 of h

Ok so I could only find 4 of he origional pistons. Do you think there would be issues in mixing piston? I am going to buy wiseco.

If the weight difference is si

If the weight difference is significant it could cause problems.

I would discuss it with the machinist that's punching your holes - they can probably advise if it would be acceptable.

Back