Logo

Pro v 200 1992 carb jet sizes

79century

"hi,
i have a 92' pro v

"hi,
i have a 92' pro v 200. it has never been apart or bastardized in any way. looking at it from the back end, the main jet sizes are top-left-154 / mid-left-164 / bottom-left-154 / top-right-164 / mid-left-154 / bottom-left-164. i am wondering why this is, and if it is correct..."

"Jeremiah, you will often see

"Jeremiah, you will often see multi-carb set-up's that are jetted differently through the bank.

I've never really questioned why, always assumed that the engineer who figured it all out had a very sound reason for doing so.

Maybe one of the other guys here has a "technical" explanation."

"Well, I don't know why th

"Well, I don't know why the different jet sizes,but each of the cylinders in my Yamaha 90C has a slightly difference compression ratio and i have heard that it was all something to do with the difference in the lengths of each cylinder exhaust path, to try to balance/smooth out the engine's power delivery..makes sense to me, but it is a curious thing...try not to let these things worry me too much!"

"on a 2 stroke engine the shap

"on a 2 stroke engine the shape and length of the exhaust has a great deal with how the engine's power curve looks. On 2 stroke motorcycles all the exhaust pipes for each cylinder are generally the same, but in a compactly engineered outboard motor the exhausts are by design different lengths, so I guess the engineers have to compensate with jetting and compression ratio differences to smooth out the power delivery. If it's anything else, I'd love to hear about it..."

Back