Logo

04 115 4 strike falling on itself

"i have a 2004 115 4stroke the

"i have a 2004 115 4stroke the motor sat for 3 months before I bought it, and I think this is were the problems stem from, I fired it up and it would idle but would stumble all over itself when I would give it gas then it would pickup then go back to low rpm or stall, I changes the plugs cleaned the water sep and the fuel filter inline to the vst, and filled the small water sep on the motor with seafome and ran it for about 2 to 3 min sut it down and let it sit for 30min then ran it again, it seemed to run a bit better but still wants to shutter and sound like its running on 3cyls, I also took a screwdriver and put it to the injectors and stuck the end to my ear and could hear all the injectors firing off, all sounded the same, so guys were do I go next I am a cert omc, and volvo mecanic, but this is my first 4 stroke yam so im kinda in the dark here, Thanks"

"thanks I came to that conclus

"thanks I came to that conclusion myself, first I checked the rail pressure it was at 40psi at idle, then I pulled the rail and pulled the injectors, just got done pulling the baskets cleaned them and cleaned the tips, now when I went to reinstall, I got all back in but one, on it I broke the fuel rail side 0 ring, so now im calling around trying to find a new 0 ring, with some luck and money I should have her going here in an hr or so, ill ck back with follow up"

"well got the new 0 ring insta

"well got the new 0 ring installed the injector put in, walla motor runs like new, on the muffs that is now its time to go for a boat ride"

Back