Logo

Yamaha 115 2 Stroke Problems

rreys90

I am having a problem with my

I am having a problem with my 115 Yamaha. It starts up and run at idle but when I go to give it throttle it seems to bog down and quit. It will start up right away after it sits for a minute and then does the same when throttled up. I have a water fuel seperator and I dont see any water in the fuel. I also have spark to each plug. Plugs don't look fouled out. Replaced the fuel line from tank to motor. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

The carbs were rebuilt and the

The carbs were rebuilt and the inline fuel filter was just put on. I bought a rebuilt 115 yamaha but the hose that came with it was soft and sucking air. I changed it out but its still killing after I throttle up the RPM's.

"I have a 1997 Yamaha 115, use

"I have a 1997 Yamaha 115, use a spray carb cleaner into the intakes, change the water/fuel separater each month, try to maintain full tank and use PRIG fuel treatment. Less problems each season in SC."

"I had exactly the same proble

"I had exactly the same problem and all it turned out to be was the advance and retard mechanism that is connected via the throttle lever had seized up over the winter. When you push the throttle lever the advance mechanism should move forward and continue forward until you reach full throttle, all it took was WD40 and working to and fro"

Back