Logo

1998 force 120hp

twgesc

Number 4 cyl. broke needle bea

Number 4 cyl. broke needle bearings and punched piston want to know if it is worth rebuilding heard horror stories about these force engines and does not look like any damage to block or crank.

"Ted, my grandfathers name.

"Ted, my grandfathers name.

I believe rebuilding an engine is in the eye of the owner. If you were to change engines, you may need to change gauges and controls. Or buying a 120hp engine could be cheaper or more or the same. Depends where you live and who does the rebuilding. If you are the orig owner of the engine, you know how you've used it and taken care of it, top to bottom. If you buy used you lack this knowledge. If you buy new it's going to be double of what it costs to rebuild. But new todays has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Every engine, heck anything built by us humans has problems, there's no perfect engine, there are ones that maybe better suited for your needs than others, it depends on you and how you use your boat.

Hope I gave you something to think about."

I did some searching before on

I did some searching before on google.com and know there's some used marine parts dealers in and around TX. -good luck

Back