Logo

Electric Fuel pump

"Suzuki fuel pump $113+ Sh

"Suzuki fuel pump $113+ Shipping. Replacement diaphragm kits every six months $20+ Shipping. Having a pump that is not a pain in the ass PRICELESS.

The factory pump has been a total pain in my ass since I got this motor last year. The diaphragm has failed twice, now the freaking check valves are shot.

I have this exact electric pump on my sand rail, 3 years and still not a lick of trouble.

Last but not least, BECAUSE I FUKING CAN!!!"

"Your the best Joe <[img]"http

"Your the best Joe
rofl.gif
. I couldn't have said it better myself. You should keep the primer bulb though."

"This was all I could find on

"This was all I could find on the USCG site.

"Each electrically operated fuel
pump must not operate except when
the engine is operating or when the engine
is started."

My pump gets power from the same wire that powers the overheat switch. It is hot only when the key is on. I also tapped the green wire from the kill switch to ground the pump as well.

I tested it, when the kill switch is pulled, the motor AND pump shut down."

"It is on my 1980 DT65. The pu

"It is on my 1980 DT65. The pump is supplying plenty of fuel. The motor runs real good except for one flat spot around 1200-1300 RPM.

It surges on accel or decel at that rpm. If I just tap the throttle up or pull back ever so slightly the surge goes away. The base idle(800rpm) timing is set at 3* ATDC like the manual calls for.

When I watch the throttle linkage, the surge is occurring just before the linkage starts advancing the timing."

Back