Logo

Replacing High Pressure Fuel Filter

equinox

"Is it difficult to replace th

"Is it difficult to replace the high pressure fuel filter on a BF 130A?

Replacing the low pressure filter is relatively simple.

According to the Honda manual replacing the high pressure filter involves multiple steps, and seems semi-complicated.

Any advice or helpful hints?

Thanks."

"GEEZ, Justin, your a wealth o

"GEEZ, Justin, your a wealth of help and information arnt you ?? Mate, the high pressure filter replacement is an easy job. An absolute MUST is to replace the o-ring seal around the housing,do NOT ever try to re-use this o-ring ! Be sure to apply some lubricant ( preferably light grease ), to the o-ring, and when refitting the housing, be sure to nip the screws up in a uniform pattern. before start up, prime the fuel system by cycling the key several times before actual start up. On start up, check for fuel leaks, they will be evident very quickly if there is one. Let me know how u go."

"Justin and Jon,

Thanks for

"Justin and Jon,

Thanks for your help. This weekend I purchased a new high pressure filter. When I removed the engine cover I couldn't find the existing filter. I have the Honda manufacturer's manual. The high pressure filter is there on pages 2-44, 2-45, 2-47, 5-44; forward of the oil dip stick and behind the vapor separator. But it doesn't exist on my engine. The vapor separator is larger, and occupies the space that the filter should be in.

The engine's serial number is BEBE-1004366.

Does my engine just not have a high pressure filter?

Thanks for your help.

Sean"

"Are you saying that my engine

"Are you saying that my engine, without a high pressure fuel filter, will explode?

If so, then why haven't the Honda techs who have serviced and performed warranty inspections, said or done anything?"

"Hi Sean, I have the two high

"Hi Sean, I have the two high pressure filters and want to change them. Can you tell me where they are located? I do not see them when I take the engine covers off. I changed the low pressure filters in minutes.

Thanks,

Tony"

"Tony,

I'm aware of one

"Tony,

I'm aware of one low pressure filter and one high pressure filter. What engine do you have, with two high pressure filters?

Based on the Honda Manual the high pressure filter is on the starboard side, aft of the vapor separator. If you don't see it may be you have the same model as I, which has no high pressure filter.

Sean"

"Sean, I should have said I h

"Sean, I should have said I have Twin 225 Honda's. I changed the low pressure filters on both. I have the high pressure filters and O rings. Just can't seem to find the location of the High Pressure filters.

Tony"

"Tony,

I own a 1998 BF 130A

"Tony,

I own a 1998 BF 130A. I don't know the year of your 225s, but I assume they're not as old as my 130. That said, I'm not familiar with the newer engines, and don't have a manual for the 225. Sorry.

Sean"

"Tony,

Can you post, or sen

"Tony,

Can you post, or send me a digital photo of your engines? Even if they're different from my 130 perhaps I can help you locate them.

Sean"

"Tony - On the BF 225 it's

"Tony - On the BF 225 it's under the right engine under cover.

1. Remove the right engine under cover.
2. Relieve the fuel pressure by slowly loosening the service check bolt on the side of the filter housing. Use shop towels to absorbe any leaked fuel.)
3. Disconnect the vacuum tube from the IAB diaphram and remove the two bolts holding the diaphram in place and move it aside.
4. Remove the three screws on the filter cover and pull off the cover to the HP fuel filter. Besure to keep the gasket on top of the filter and the spring behind it.
5. Install new filter if necessary, and a new O ring regardless of whether you change the filter.

Send an e-mail and I will sent a copy of the procedure from the shop manual. You probably need to invest on an original shop manual for those engines."

"Neal, thank you very much fo

"Neal, thank you very much for this information. I haven't done much of the service on these engines since I purchased them new with the boat. Like everyone else I am saving some money doing some of the easy stuff myself.
Your instructions are terrific. My email address is [email protected]
I agree I should buy the manuals and probably will before the end of this season."

Back