Logo

Evinrude 2000 200HP Trim Tilt operation

andy

"I just repowered my boat and

"I just repowered my boat and I am having trouble with the # 7 fuse in the EMM. It blows everytime I activate the Trim Tilt switch, remotely or on the engine. I have completed the tests as defined in the service manual and all voltage readings check as OK. Any comments are appreciated"

"Andy,

You may have a bad r

"Andy,

You may have a bad relay. You can swap the tilt/trim relays with the other relays on the panel to see if it is a bad relay.

Tony"

"Hi I have a 1999 Evinrude Fic

"Hi I have a 1999 Evinrude Ficht, and I'm having a similar problem with my tilt and trim. It quit on me one day, and I switched the relays and that worked for me. I then replaced the bad relay and had no problems. BTW here are how the relays are laid out on my motor in case you are wondering which ones are which Andy.

facing the motor from inside the boat, on the front left hand side of the motor at the top, there is a black panel with two bolts holding on the cover. Remove the cover and there are 4 relays (these are square and black).
x1 y1
x2 y2

x and y are the relays were x1 it trim up from the throttle and x2 is the trim down from the throttle. Y1 is the trim up from the motor trim switch and Y2 is the trim down relay.

I bought a new trim motor and hooked it up to the harness, and it will not turn on either. None of my fuses are blown. When hitting the trim buttons, the corresponding relay clicks but I do not believe there is any power past that point going back to the motor.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it because I'm stumped."

Back