Logo

Lomatec marine diesel

"Hi i have get my girbox now f

"Hi i have get my girbox now from The Netherlands thanks.I hade problem with the mail but this was ok for long time.I hope we can have good contact to come best regards Bjørn
talker.gif
talker.gif
thumbs_up.gif
"

"Just purchased a 29 hp lomate

"Just purchased a 29 hp lomatec marine engine,the control panel has symbols on the leds that I am unsure of,any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Wayne"

"Hi Wayne,

Do you have a pi

"Hi Wayne,

Do you have a picture of the control panel, since this may be different from the one I have?"

"Dear Members,

I visited Pe

"Dear Members,

I visited Pemar Boats Yesterday. I saw the 27HP engine in a (smooth) test run. At this moment I am considering to buy a 27HP Lomartec engine. Does anyone have any experience about the reliability of Lomartec engines ? This because I think a lot of people don't use an engine as much as we do. We want to built it in an open (rescue) vessel to make trips through the canals. Our current boats are running 20 hours/week on average. So, reliability is quite important for us. While reading all the message on this forum I 'm a little bit anxious about things like "copy of Technodrive gearbox and Johnson pump" What about the diesel pump on this engine ? Pemar Boats told that this one is made by Bosch..... Is it ? It's important for us to have the most important spares in stock, this because we do our engine maintenace "in house"
It seems that the basic Lomartec engine looks like "proven technology", basic engine and heavy ! A similar engine from Vetus/Yanmar is alsmost half the weight but almost twice the price. How is it possible to make an engine for such low costs ?

Does anyone have more Lomartec information ?
Look forward to more information.
Laurens"

"Hi my name is Peter I am the

"Hi my name is Peter I am the new agent in Denmark.
I will try to answer some of your Maine questions if I have the time.

First of all Mr. Wang youyin can no more sell Lomatec engines. He is a whole seller that only thinks about selling engine, and don’t care for after sails service, if you ask him he will tell you he is working on the Lomatec company as export seller.. but by my last visit on the factory the only smile when I ask them and sad “ he has no position her “ So I ask them to stop selling for him, because as I can see her the majorities of problems you have is coast by this… so on guaranty and no after sails service. We test test the engines in Denmark before we sell them to the costumers and we give the full Eu Warranty if there shut be any problems..
In our staff we have a Chinese person to take care of questions to avoid communication problems with the factory.

First to the water leaking problem in the water pump is a 57 X 2.62 O – rubber gasket if you change this for 57 X 3.12 it helps a lot. You can also use some liquid gasket the press is not high so it will stop it. I have the O gaskets on stock if any boddy need it. Lomatec is about to make that change also.
The gear box need SAE 20/40 motor oil in cold weather conditions can be used SAE 15 / 40
Regarding the LED time counter it’s a production error, send it back were you brought it from and the must replace it under the warranty.
On the new engines there has been fitted a new device so that the oil filter is sitting on top of the gearbox leaving more space on the side of the engine( see This device we have on stock if somebody has interest to bye. Regarding the question on the engine stop on the oil pump, try to put 12 volt + and – perhaps from a charger directly on the engine stop if it doesn’t move if’s not function so give it back under warranty and the have to replace the thing, otherwise you can bye new from us. If it mows control if there is connection between the contact and the connector.

Ok foks that’s all.. if you have any questions feel free to ask"

"Hei mener du girkassa skal ha

"Hei mener du girkassa skal ha Sae20/40,jeg har spurt Mark i nederland han sier AFT oil og 15/40 motor.Jeg har akurat fått ny girkasse og ny motor på grunn av noe problemer."

Hej Bjørn.

Sagt på en anden

Hej Bjørn.

Sagt på en anden måde er det en TMC 260 mekanisk eller en TMC 345 hydraulisk gearkasse...?? hvilken motor sider den på..????

Mvh
Peter

"Hei det er Tmc 260 har byttet

"Hei det er Tmc 260 har byttet motoren min da denne Lomatec 49 med filter på siden ble 120 grader på olje temp og girkassa var dårlig.Nå har jeg hentet en ny motor med oljefilter over girkassa har ikke satt denne i båten her og ikke fått prøvd.den gamle var det for liten olje kjøler på lik denne motor som er lenger over.Nå har jeg denne nye med olje olje kjøler i bunnpanna og denne kjøler med sjøvann,den andre kjølte med ferskvannet på 90 grader.Jeg hadde en del kontakt med Mark og han sa Aft olje men først så mente dem motor olje men nå sier dem Aft .Har kjøpt denne av en i Norge.Det som har vært problem med Tmc 260 att dem ikke vil gire med en gang osv.
wink.gif
"

"Hej Bjørn.
Its werry easy to

"Hej Bjørn.
Its werry easy to see if its AFT oil on it´s RED and smells werry bad..

375496.jpg

SAE 20/40 is yellow and stiky like sirup like on pickture"

"Stemmer når en henter girkass

"Stemmer når en henter girkassa så er det denne fargen du viser til for Aft er rød,jeg hadde mistanke selv.Men spurte forhandler i Norge og Nederland begge sier nå Aft merklig.Jeg spurte hvorfor det var en annen farge fikk beskjed om dette var transport olje he he.Har du manual til denne girkassa?Skal kontakt forhandler en gang til
wink.gif
"

Hej Bjørn.

Sorry that we be

Hej Bjørn.

Sorry that we beat you in handball..:eek:) You played the best for 59 min..:eek:)

Send me your e mail and I will help you..

Peter

"Can anyone please help me wit

"Can anyone please help me with info of these pictures on this control panel.
376157.jpg
control panel

HI Wayne.

Of Corse I will h

HI Wayne.

Of Corse I will help you... We got a princes from Australia her in Denmark so we are almost in family together ..:eek:))

The first one in the top is for light in the panel number. 2 is water temp. 3 is for the stop of the engine. 4 has no meaning. 5 is for the saltwater warning. 6 this light has to run al the time the engine runs it shows that the connections in the Hole panel is ok. nr 1 in the bottom line is oil press. 2 is oiltemp. 3 is preheating. 4 is when the engine runs to quick. 5 when the engine runs to slow. is indicator that the are power on the battery.

Number 6 in the top and nr 6 in the bottom has to run always when the engine is started.

Hope this will help you else wise you are welcome to ask again.

Best regards
Bladt Marine
Denmark
Peter

"Hello,

Together with Frank

"Hello,

Together with Frank Smith, we are probably one of the first Lomatec owners in the Netherlands (early 2006, first posting on this forum).
At that moment there was no distributor for Lomatec in this country, so we decided to purchase the engine directly from China, believing that we were doing business with the manufacturer directly.
Unfortunately, afterwards, the person we were doing business with was simply an intermediary.

We were lucky to have met the Dutch importer and distributor for Lomatec in the Netherlands, http://www.scheepsdiesel.com.
The owners of this company, Mr. Klootwijk and his son Mark, where extremely helpful in trying to solve the problems we had with the Lomatec engine (although the engine was not obtained through their import channel). The old engine was picked up from the boat yard and analyzed in order to fix the problems. The engineers from http://www.scheepsdiesel.com offered us to replace the engine by a brand new model, completely free charge!

We were overwhelmed by the generous offer of the Dutch distributor, since we had bought the engine outside of the Netherlands.

If true service exists, then this is a pure example for many companies out there. We are now the proud owners of a brand new Lomatec L4D18MA, new model. Which looks great and is even more compact then the previous model. The engine runs smooth and the water pump is no longer a problem.

I can recommend http://www.scheepsdiesel.com and especially Mr. Klootwijk and his son to anyone out there interested in buying a Lomatec, they will give you excellent service and they are honest people!

Regards,
Joao Silverio
The Netherlands"

Hi all! I have Lomatek L4D32MA since last year. I installed it on my boat and found that gear case TMC260 2:1 does not feet my needs. I have heavy shaft and this gear case hesitate when I forward or reverse it. Sometime I have to wait for about a 30 second before it engages. I sent about 10 emails to Wang Jian You with requests for TMC345 2,54:1 but he does not reply to my messages. Only one reply I got from him last year: "we in the process of manufacturing this geracase". Can anyone recommend me other then Lomatec gearbox supplier in China? I suspect Lomatec does not produce these gear boxes and purchase from other vendor in China. Italian TMC is too expensive, so I look for something cheaper. If somebody has this gearbox, please propose.

Hi there folks. As you know I have a Lomatec 4 cyl 38 HP engine and have had a great deal of trouble with the oil pressure. We seem to have solved this since the pressure on the gauge is showing between 45 and 70 psi. However when I open the cap on the rocker cover there does not seem to be any oil in the chamber. Is this normal?

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Lomatec L4D18MA or know where I can obtain one from. The alternator has suddenly stopped charging the batteries although it is good. It works once you apply an exiter. However the battery light on the dashboard stays on and the warning "!" comes on. Any ideas? Please help, I am getting rather desperate.

Many thanks
Brian
Malta

Now I can understand why the quality of these engines is so very bad, i have never seen such a mess on a production plant. Looks like a waste company!!! Unbelivable....

This is March 2012 and I have contacted MDS Australia and many LOMATEC agents through out the world Denmak, Norway, China etc and no one has had time to answer my Emails so I will now sell my Engine for parts and buy a PERKINS like I should have done in the first place

Hi,

We have been agents of Lomatec in Norway for 3 years. Unfortunately, Mr. Wang from China tricked us so many times that we went bankrupt. This man you must NOT rely on, we have checked his background in China and not surprisingly hes whole family have a very bad reputation.
Hes father is also well known as a thief and a shifty businessman
Everything he produces is ****.Every time we have received engines we have been forced to replace all the parts from Lomatec (heatexanger, electric, instrumentpanel, water pump and of course the gearbox). He has throughout the period promised to clean up the trouble he has caused, but unfortunately all hes words is based on lies. Mr. Wang does not dare to show up outside of China, because there are so many people who have a score to settle with him.

When we have been in China to meet him as he has always come up with an excuse. We met him at the exhibition in Amsterdam in 2011, where he promised gold and green forests for all the trouble he has caused. He cried like a little kid when we confronted him.
Mr. Wang's transmissions has caused one of our customers nearly died at sea during a fishing act, Wang did of course not show any sympathy, but disclaimed all responsibility
We have never witnessed any of the engines he has produced have gone longer than 300 hours before they are totally discard
All the products from Lomatec are based on cheap Chinese copies, yes it is so cheap that the manufacturer of the base engines does not even dry to give a warranty on the engines. To get spareparts we have been forced to make the parts ourselfelves, and establish direct contact with suppliers of base engines and parts
Last time we ordered the engines, we got a completely different engine than what we ordered, and his explanation was as follows: so sorry, but we do unfortunately not have the engines that you ordered in stock at this moment. He's lying about everything, not just the engines and money.
NEVER NEVER buy Lomatec, its only ****, and the dealer in China is a disaster. We have to stop this man before he tricks the rest of the world with these cheap and bad engines. There are so many innocent people who have ruined their lives because of this man.Dealers in Denmark, Sweden, Austrialia, Istanbul and Turkey have stopped working with Lomatec because of all the errors and because the VERY bad quality, and ofcourse of the bad service (ore not service at all).

We have lots of parts and broken gearboxes. Is there anyone who would like assistance or extra parts, they are welcome to connect with us

I would also take this opportunity to say that Pemar boat in netherlands driven by Mark Klootwijk is a great business, and Mark is a very talented player in the market. I hope for hes sake that Lomatec in the future will not **** hes life too.

Best regards
former agent for Lomatec Norway

Last edited:
Hi,

We have been agents of Lomatec in Norway for 3 years. Unfortunately, Mr. Wang from China tricked us so many times that we went bankrupt. This man you must NOT rely on, we have checked his background in China and not surprisingly hes whole family have a very bad reputation.
Hes father is also well known as a thief and a shifty businessman
Everything he produces is ****.Every time we have received engines we have been forced to replace all the parts from Lomatec (heatexanger, electric, instrumentpanel, water pump and of course the gearbox). He has throughout the period promised to clean up the trouble he has caused, but unfortunately all hes words is based on lies. Mr. Wang does not dare to show up outside of China, because there are so many people who have a score to settle with him.

When we have been in China to meet him as he has always come up with an excuse. We met him at the exhibition in Amsterdam in 2011, where he promised gold and green forests for all the trouble he has caused. He cried like a little kid when we confronted him.
Mr. Wang's transmissions has caused one of our customers nearly died at sea during a fishing act, Wang did of course not show any sympathy, but disclaimed all responsibility
We have never witnessed any of the engines he has produced have gone longer than 300 hours before they are totally discard
All the products from Lomatec are based on cheap Chinese copies, yes it is so cheap that the manufacturer of the base engines does not even dry to give a warranty on the engines. To get spareparts we have been forced to make the parts ourselfelves, and establish direct contact with suppliers of base engines and parts
Last time we ordered the engines, we got a completely different engine than what we ordered, and his explanation was as follows: so sorry, but we do unfortunately not have the engines that you ordered in stock at this moment. He's lying about everything, not just the engines and money.
NEVER NEVER buy Lomatec, its only ****, and the dealer in China is a disaster. We have to stop this man before he tricks the rest of the world with these cheap and bad engines. There are so many innocent people who have ruined their lives because of this man.Dealers in Denmark, Sweden, Austrialia, Istanbul and Turkey have stopped working with Lomatec because of all the errors and because the VERY bad quality, and ofcourse of the bad service (ore not service at all).

We have lots of parts and broken gearboxes. Is there anyone who would like assistance or extra parts, they are welcome to connect with us

I would also take this opportunity to say that Pemar boat in netherlands driven by Mark Klootwijk is a great business, and Mark is a very talented player in the market. I hope for hes sake that Lomatec in the future will not **** hes life too.

Best regards
former agent for Lomatec Norway

Wow, I am quite shocked and astonished to read this. Afraid also. Very afraid.
As I am in the process or rebuilding a former lifeboat, I bought a Lomatec 27HP diesel from Mark's company last year and installed it. Since I am not finished yet with the boat, the engine has not run since it is in my possession, so basically it is waiting until the boat is finished for it's first start up.

Last week I needed to be under the engine with my hands and I found some oil from the gearbox there, since then I have been trying to get in touch with Pemar without any luck (hoping they're just on holiday or something)

Reading through your story I am very much afraid that I spent roughly over 3300 euros on an engine that will die on me in very limited time, especially with a leaking gearbox before it has even run or seen water...

Worried now...

Back