Logo

Lomatec marine diesel

Well, got in touch with Mark, as it turns out I had the wrong number. Mark reassured me that all is well for his company and I should not worry about service or anything else. He still stands by his product and told me that if anything does go wrong he will provide the service I need.

So no worries anymore for now...

Hi, again

Not misunderstand me Ed_NL. As I said at the end of the Posts, Mark is a very capable distrubitør for these engines. Mark is known to be available all day, and to provide the best service. I had absolutely not been afraid to buy the engine of Mark, because Mark fix things right away if something is wrong. I can also announce that Mark replacing some parts of engines, such as transmission, PTO, electric and so on. The engines that is sold by Pemar is of very high quality, and can successfully compete on the same plane as Yanmar, Vetus, Sole VP etc.

Please dont worry about purchasing engine from Mark, Mark will give you better service than anyone else can. And already in a short time so, Mark and his company acquired a very good reputation worldwide

Dear All,

I am working in company Motomariner d.o.o. that is purchasing and selling Lomatec engines Croatia. I would like to share with you our experience with Lomatec engines and Wang.

We are selling these engines for 7 years now. Experience with Wang is rather frustrating since he is a difficult person to deal with. We are having trouble ordering spares for engines and sometimes our order's are not fullfiled by him. All in all, it is a bit rough but we managed to sort it out and now we are succesfull in selling these engines and providing after sales support.

Once we bought first engines we corrected some of the engines flaws and now Lomatec in Croatia has a reputation of cheap and reliable engine. We had problems with sea water pump which we replaced and now we mount Ancor ST143 pump. Gearbox that we received from Wang were bad and we replaced them with PRM (http://www.prm-marine.com/home.php), JLM (http://www.jlm-perkovic.hr/) or Technodrive (http://www.twindisc.it/) gearbox which are all proven and reliable gearbox's.

In period of 7 years we did not have any major malfunctions on engines and i can say now that the Lomatec engines have a good reputation in Croatia as i said before.

We have a stock of spares and if you are in need of anything do not hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Kind regards,

Borna Maračić
Motomariner d.o.o.
www.motomariner.hr

Re: "I mean [url=""]Mr.Wangyouyin5

I can`t beleve after reading through these posts that anyone would consider buying one of these engines.Made in china says it all, there won`t be one genuine Nisan part on them, I wouldn`t go too far from shore, if I even left the dock.

Re: "I mean [url=""]Mr.Wangyouyin5

I just found this website while searching for a new distributor of Lomatec Marine engines.

We purchased three Lomatec Diesel engines in 2006 through to 2008.

The first was the L38 non turbo model. This engine is installed on a work vessel and provides propulsion as well as hydraulic drives for other systems. This engine has a hard life, hot summers running for many hours with little rest. Wet winters, not too cold. Other than maintenance items we have only had to replace a starter motor. We now have more than 6000 hours on this engine with no incident. The starter motor problem was one where the starter did not disengage from the flywheel, it basically disintegrated. Not sure if this was partially operator error.

Would we buy another, yes. In fact we will place the order for a back up L 38 very soon, just so we can be ready for quick change over of existing engine. In reality, with the low purchase cost of these robust engines it is probably uneconomical to undertake full reconditioning of older units, especially so if you must pay for diesel mechanic hours.

We also have L3D running generator. This engine was also very good, we would still use except we damaged the electrical controls against a wharf during bad weather. One day we will repair and put back in service.

Kurtis

very shocking to read this story!!

Unfortually I bought an 19 pk two years ago. After installing the engine and testing it, 10 minutes later the motor decreases in rpm and had no power any more. Suddenly the temperature alarm went of: the motor had no cooling liquid any more !!!!! It leaked out!!!

That was the start of many many problems. Service of Peter and Mark were very good. They helped me lot. They brought me another engine, unfortunately also problems now . The motor had a runaway went for maximum prm for 10 minutes....could not stop it!!!! :problems with the fuel system.. The motor has blown up!!

So Mark and Peter promised me another one.

But Mark and Peter quit the business !!!!!

impossible to contact them now.....

My advise to anybody is : don't buy this ****!!

I just had contact with Peter and he was not forget me. Next week we go an appointment for delivery of the new motor.

Peter confirmed that he has stopped the bushiness: due to the European crisis: no orders any more .

I just had contact with Peter and he was not forget me. Next week we go an appointment for delivery of the new motor.

Peter confirmed that he has stopped the bushiness: due to the European crisis: no orders any more .

Wow, that is a damn shame! I had good experiences with Peter and Mark and their services.

How would we now go about getting parts...

Hello,
I have an 25hp Lomatec( L3D10MA )
Can anyone tell me the catalogue numbers for oil filter and the inner water filter?I have to change them,but seem to have missplaced the numbers ( and old filters :confused: ) mentioned above.

Hello,
I have an 25hp Lomatec( L3D10MA )
Can anyone tell me the catalogue numbers for oil filter and the inner water filter?I have to change them,but seem to have missplaced the numbers ( and old filters :confused: ) mentioned above.

Hi,
I am at the moment preparing for winter, so trying to get the old oil filter off. When that happens I can probably find the part number somewhere under the bulk of grey paint. However, I can't seem to loosen the filter. I tried with a special wrench but ended up breaking the thing, leaving the filter dented, but still stuck.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get it off?

Hi,
I am at the moment preparing for winter, so trying to get the old oil filter off. When that happens I can probably find the part number somewhere under the bulk of grey paint. However, I can't seem to loosen the filter. I tried with a special wrench but ended up breaking the thing, leaving the filter dented, but still stuck.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get it off?

Got it off, using the screwdriver method.

For anyone interested, the filter type is Mann W932

Hello.
I have a Lomatec L4D18MA. The seawater pump is broken.
Can anyone tell me what pump i should replace it with.
Hoping for a quick answer.

Best Regards Anders

Back