Logo

Gear ratio

B

Bob 901

CAn anyone help is determining

CAn anyone help is determining the gear ratio for a 1989 Kanzani Model KM3P transmision that is connected to 3GM30 engine. The foward gear ratio I believe is 2.8:1

"could not find my book on km3

"could not find my book on km3p. did find km3a though. it came in 3 ratios.2.36 /2.61 /3.20 if tag is not on gear, You'll have to count the gear teeth. are you planning to work on it?"

"Scott
Thanks, I am planing o

"Scott
Thanks, I am planing on installing a 3 bladed prop over the winter season and that was one of pieces of info that I needed. I will recheck the label today to make sure that I copyed the correct model number adn check to insure that the foward is 2.8. I also could not find that model number in my book but I was not sure if I had the correct engine manual."

"I think You had it right. 3a

"I think You had it right. 3a was an earlier version. (used on 3gmd) same basic design, but ratios may be changed. I was just letting You know they weren't all the same. tag on flywheel housing should have ratio on it. good luck, S."

"Scott
I took a digital photo

"Scott
I took a digital photo using a small mirror to read the gear ratio and after flipping the image I found out it was 2.61. In an email from Mackboring they indicated that I had a choice of 3 possible foward ratios 2.21,2.61,or 3.22 and all would have a reverse gear ratio of 3.06. I also checked the tag on the engine and found it to be a 3GM30F @ 24 HP.
Thanks again for your assistance

Bob"

Back