Logo

Engine wonbt start please need HELP

civicstylz

"when I turn the key the engin

"when I turn the key the engine turns really slow like one rotation at a time, I tried boosting it but it's still the same.Any suggestions PLEASE HELP!!!!!}"

"FIRST MAKE SURE THR BATTERY I

"FIRST MAKE SURE THR BATTERY IS AT FULL CHARGE, IF BATTERY IS SHORTED IT WILL NOT DO ANY GOOD TO JUMP START IT. MAKE SURE BATTERY TERMINALS ARE TIGHT, WHEN TURNING ENGINE OVER CHECK TO SEE IF STARTER IS GETTING WARM."

after you try and start it a c

after you try and start it a couple times see if the battery wires are getting hot thats a sign of a bad terminal or a dirty or loose connection.
You can also get a meter and have someone turn the key as you check the volts at the starter

If I were you I would get rid

If I were you I would get rid of that Force and get a good motor..

the starter started to get war

the starter started to get warm and had a sweet smell to it but still turning but really slow one rotation at a time?

"#1 rule: Ignore people that t

"#1 rule: Ignore people that tell you to get rid of the motor you have.
#2 suggestion: sounds like your starter is toasted, or needs to be rebuilt.

BUT: before you go swapping parts, try turning the flywheel by hand, just to make sure the crankshaft or engine internals are not binding.
Even better = pull the plugs and then turn the flywheel by hand to check resistance. If it turns freely then, pull the starter motor off and take it to your local AutoZone. Maybe someone there will help you test it off the motor, even though they cannot sell you a new part. They can test car starters... this is just smaller - but same 12 volt system.

That's what I'd do, but I'm always trying to find an inexpensive paperclip fix!"

I had this same problem with a

I had this same problem with a chrysler 75 hp. After replacing the wires and the terminals I eventually had the starter rebuilt. Take it to a starter rebuilding shop. Only cost me 38 Dollars once i removed the starter and took it to them.

"I just finished fixing the ex

"I just finished fixing the exact same problem for my 45hp chrysler. Turns out it was the main shaft bearing (brass bushing) in the lower end. This happened to me on the water and had to paddle back
. First i thought. 1. overheat (NO), 2. low battery (NO) 3. bad starter (Nope) then ripped it apart and was siezed bearing. Hope this helps ( it was the one that fits just under the water pump. worth the thought
"

Back