Logo

Oil Injection storage

W

Whitfield

"I have an oil injected 1994 7

"I have an oil injected 1994 70hp evinrude. When I start it after a couple of weeks of sitting, it smokes terribly for the first few minutes. If I pull the gas line and let the fuel run out, it makes it even worse because oil is still being injected.

Is there any way to stop this? How should I prepare my motor to sit for a couple of weeks? I run it about twice a month all year long.

Thanks!"

The reason it smokes is probab

The reason it smokes is probably because the gas evapourates from the carbs but the oil stays. When starting the mix in the carb bowls are a bit rich. Running it dry makes it worse as the VRO then pumps pure oil at the end! If leaving only for a week or two stop the engine with the choke pimer and just live with the extra smoke when starting.

"You dont disc a fuel supply,f

"You dont disc a fuel supply,from an oil ijected eng,for the reasons you mentioned,and trbl you are having...the fuel should be stabilized/treated,carbs drained,engine fogged,for proper off season storage.if u run 2x a month,..you should'nt have a big prob.I,would just turn the key off,as it's supposed to be operated,using the primer,to kill it all the time,sets you up for future prob...in my opinion....jwb"

Back