Logo

Voltage Regulator Rectifier

"Hi all,
I want to get

"Hi all,
I want to get rid of my standard rectifier and put in a Voltage Regulator Rectifier. I don`t like the high voltage im getting (16-18+V). I was looking at the same type used on the old Chrysler 140hp but don`t know if Mercury has one i can use from another model.

What is the specification on output in volts and output in amps of my Mercury one?
Also, how many poles does my alternator have on my 150 Blueband?
Cheers,
Kris"

"Kris, The total output of the

"Kris, The total output of the charging system on your Merc is about 6A, at 2/3 throttle or more. The voltage is unregulated, but the load of the battery drops depending on the type of battery (Maint-free/deepcycle/conventional)and it's state of charge. A standard marine battery will easily absorb that small amount of current.

You do not really need a regulator, but if you are set on installing one, you can look up the late model mercs and pick one out. In addition, you could make up a primitive voltage cut-out device with some heavy duty Zener Dioads rated at 14V or so. I believe the stator has 12 poles."

Chris...look up my problem und

Chris...look up my problem under the evinrude section of this board...to net it out what you need is a cheaper battery...sounds crazy i know but read the problem...Carl

Back