Logo

Honda 2hp centrifugal clutch

D

D. O'Reilly

"Can the centrifugal clutch on

"Can the centrifugal clutch on a 2000 Honda BF2 2hp engine be disabled or set so that prop turns at lower rpm? I use mine on an inflatable, and that clutch makes it impossible to make a controlled landing at the dinghy dock. Either I have to go in too fast to keep prop turning so that I have steering, or reduce throttle and lose steering because dinghy has no keel to give directional stability. I hate this engine! The ancient, broken 2hp Johnson it replaced was much nicer because it had no centrifugal clutch."

"Funny, I just used my 2hp lon

"Funny, I just used my 2hp long shaft for the first time last weekend. It's mounted on a sailboat and does not have a centrifugal clutch. My question is the opposite. Can I upgrade to the clutch version? I found it very difficult to do any in close manoeuvering without stopping and starting the motor, a very erratic and unpredictable process. The sailboat has some weight to it (700lb) but it was really tricky to determine when to cut the motor. Any ideas? Or should we just trade? Can't have 2 unhappy campers can we?"

"both of you have the wrong mo

"both of you have the wrong model for your applications, trading, or if you 2 can get together,"

Back