Logo

Over heating

fountain

89 120hp evinrude buzzer comes

89 120hp evinrude buzzer comes on after a few minutes and will not stop until i shut it off
can any one help with this

thanks for your responce a fre

thanks for your responce a freind told me today to take out the thermastat. run the motor and see if it is over heating. if i have a stuck or bad thermastat does this make sence??????}

"Change impeller, check Your t

"Change impeller, check Your thermostats (vernatherms) and replace Your friend if he keeps on with that kind of suggestions!"

"As Tom Gordon says the buzzer

"As Tom Gordon says the buzzer is telling you the motor is running hot. This is most likely due to a lack of water or a dodgy sensor.

Assuming the sensor is OK there could be no cooling water due to thermostats stuck shut, the water pump not doing its job or a restriction in the water jacket (sand mud etc.).

Alternatively there could be a head gasket gone causing combustion gases to blow into the water jacket.

Check the compression is good and even in all cylinders first then move on to the thermostats and water pump."

"The impeller in the waterpump

"The impeller in the waterpump on an outboard is a maintenance item, and must be replaced every few years, or earlier depending on conditions. I use a water pressure gauge on my engines. With new impellers, the gauges read very high, even at idle. After 6 months, you can see a difference in performance. After a year, you can see even more degradation of performance. After about two years--I usually have the warning horn also "waking me up." Incidentally, when I pull out the old impeller, and it looks perfect, I always feel kind of foolish. Yet, after imstalling a new one, the pressure more than doubles. Looks don't mean anything with an impeller, unless it looks bad!"

WERE CAN I FIND A THERMOSTAT P

WERE CAN I FIND A THERMOSTAT PART # FOR THIS ENGINE E120TLCEM 1989 120HP AND GOOD SOURCE TO BUY PARTS ONLINE

"Heres what I do
go to [url=

"Heres what I do
go to www.evinrude.com
click on "continent"
click on "engine diagrams"
unclick box for emails
click "search catalogs" or maybe its "browse catalogs"
highlight "johnson" in window, click "go"
click on year
click on model
click on group
page will load exploded view on top and parts list on bottom--
retrieve part numbers--
plug number into search engine at www.ishopmarine.com
I dont think that I left anything out."

"The original number for your

"The original number for your thermostat was 0394409 superceded to 0434137.

We sell the Sierra direct replacment 18-3500

see some of the other parts for that model here."

need to find out how to dis.li

need to find out how to dis.linkage on 1984 35hp johnson md#j35elcrr. thanks j foley

"need to find out how to disco

"need to find out how to disconnect linkage on 1984 35hp johnson so i can replace water pump.
thanks, jack foley"

Jack:
there is an exploded vi

Jack:
there is an exploded view of that motor on evinrudes web site--
follow the directions in the posts above

thanks tom but that doesn'

thanks tom but that doesn't show me how to dis. shift rod linkage. is access on top or mid way. guss i will have to ck. with a local shop.

The exhaust housing shows an i

The exhaust housing shows an internal liner but the diagram shows the "upper" shift rod as being outside this liner--I couldnt get the gearcase diagram. I was looking for the "lower" shift rod in the greacase diagram. Look on the exhaust housing for a small plate held on with two screws (probably) Removing this will likely uncover a brass coupler that will allow you to seperate the shifting rod--

thanks tom. i went by local sh

thanks tom. i went by local shop and found out the location from meck. on duty. it's located inside the water pickup screen on lower gear case. not shown on that screen we went to. maby the evinrude is diff. thanks again for your help.
jack foley in sunny florida.

Back