Logo

Wonbt startand now having problem keeping it running

plusgains

"ok here goes.I have a dt65.I

"ok here goes.I have a dt65.I always had a hard time with the first start of the day with the motor,but after that, it was not a issue.now it's having problems staying running at all.it looks like the prime pump is not staying hard all the time.when i do prime it i see gas spilling out where the tank hose connects to motor.now that can't be right,right?.I took apart the pump,but not sure what i am looking for.any info would be great.thanks!"

If fuel is leaking at the fuel

If fuel is leaking at the fuel connectors why did you pull the pump apart? You propably found the problem when you found the leak at the connector.

there is an O ring in the conn

there is an O ring in the connector and if you pull the hose off the engine regularily the O ring eventually gets buggered. Your pump will be sucking air

Either the oring Rollie or it&

Either the oring Rollie or it's just plain wore out. Some of those models used a plastic connector as well with a seal instead of o-ring depends on the year.

If you don't need it to be portable I would by pass the silly thing all together. Remove the fittings open the hole in the pan chamafer the edges and run the hose right to the filter mounted on the engine. One less problem spot. Just a suggestion.

Back