Logo

M360 cooling help

jmarkroy

"I have converted my 360's

"I have converted my 360's to be fresh water cooled so the engines and manifolds are set up this way. I have hooke up all new hose, cleaned the heat exchangers etc. However I'm nervous that they are still running to hot. What temp should they be running at AND I have automotive antifreeze running through them. Should I not use automotive antifreeze and if not, what should I use? Please help!!!"

If those motors are "old&#

If those motors are "old" you have rust build up in the exchanger and will for some time. Auto antifreeze is fine at 50/ 50 mix. FWC t-stats are 160 and run about 170 degrees.

Jeff

"Jeff,
do you have any input

"Jeff,
do you have any input as to what I can do to flush the engines out? I am running 160 T-stats and I am going to pull them out to check opening temp. I also drilled 3 small holes in each to help with the flow. As crazy as this sounds, I actually thought about hooking up small auto radiators to help with circulation. Crazy idea but that is where I am at."

"What you need to do is consta

"What you need to do is constantly clean out the exchangers until, hopefully, the rust deposits stop showing up. Could be all season.

Jeff."

Back