Logo

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT ENGINE I HAVE

kevin

" I just recently bought a 198

" I just recently bought a 1985, 24ft Sea Ray fixer upper and was told that it has a Chevy 350 engine. How do I know for sure what engine it has in it so I can make sure I buy the right parts when needed? Thanks for any help that you could give. "

"More info on Engine: After l

"More info on Engine: After looking at the Engine closer I found the following info: On the intake there are the numbers 346250 GM and also a stamp that had what looked to be G 1 98 and it also had the cylinder firing order of 18436572. On the engine I found a number stamp with 3956632 on the engine's back left side and on the engine's front left the letters HB. Hope this will help me out. You can also e-mail me info at [email protected] Thank you!"

"According to a couple online

"According to a couple online GM block casting number references, your engine is a 1969 GM 307 c.i. V8. If your boat is a 1985 model, it must be a replacement engine.

"

" croozertoo, thank you very m

" croozertoo, thank you very much for the info! I have recently found out that the boat is actually a 1971 which would explain the engine being a 1969. Thank you once again for your help!
Kevin "

" Croozertoo,

I have the sa

" Croozertoo,

I have the same problem Kevin had.
I have also the following numbers from the V8 engine in my father in law's boat:

584APRPW5
P01204039

The boat is a 26 footer bought in 1991. My mechanic says the engine is a FORD V8.

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Celso. "

" This is strickly from memory

" This is strickly from memory, but this looks like an OMC Cobra. Should be a 5.8L Ford (351 c.i.) with a four barrel carb. "

"Rick and Celso,

Rick's

"Rick and Celso,

Rick's got a good memory!!! My index shows that as an OMC Cobra Stern drive, 5.8L, 1990 model year. BTW the last character of the model number is an "S" not a "5"... "584APRPWS". We sell the manuals for it if you need them.

Regards,
Andrew"

" Rick, Andrew,

Thnx a lot

" Rick, Andrew,

Thnx a lot for the info.
You've been of great help.
Hope to do as much for you one of these days.

Regards,

Celso. "

" Hi,

I also got an engine

" Hi,

I also got an engine from a 1987 camaro Iroc which also just showed the firing order like rick and the other guy 18436572. I originally bought the car for parts for my Iroc. The guy who put this engine in the Iroc, said he was going to make it into a race car then decided not to for one reason or another. I suspect it would have required to much in conversion. So I know nothing other than the firing order and that It was just sitting in the engine compartment.????? any ideas anyone??? I would like to know what I am selling and what it is worth. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thnx Dee "

Back