Logo

Removing the oil injection on 135 merc v6

big_builder

Contributing Member
"Hi Again,

I want to remove

"Hi Again,

I want to remove the injection on my 135 v-6 merc ( serial number A933175) and wondered if some one can give me the steps to di it properly.

I have had a few problems with it and have removed on my other boats and it has worked great.

Thanks for the help.

Also, can anyone tell me what could cause my trim cylinder to leak down. If I have the motor trimmed up while parked or running the motor will work it's way all the way down.

Thanks for all the help."

Can I just remove the hoses an

Can I just remove the hoses and plug. Then remove the pump and make a blcok off plate for where it mounts to the engine.

I really want this oil injection unit gone.

Thanks for any advice.

"You could just leave the pump

"You could just leave the pump in place and run a hose from the in to the out and let it run along by itself basically doing nothing.

And of course, plug the inlet on the gas end of things..."

"Graham,

Can you confirm my

"Graham,

Can you confirm my work? Removed large oil tank, cut and plugged vacuum hose, looped oil line from oil pump into the intake line of small oil resevoir and removed the tee in fuel line ( where oil was mixed with fuel). Any other thoughts on things I could have missed befor I fire it up?

Oh ya , mixed gas and pumped into pail until blue gas came out of fuel line."

"That sounds about it. If you

"That sounds about it. If you didn't do it, I would force some oil into the line the you have looped back into the pump - then it can just run along basically doing nothing other than pumping a (loop) of oil through itself.

I suggest that more to try and keep everything intact should someone in future decide to try and hook it all back up.

But otherwise, as long as you are happy that you now have mixed gas in the fuel line, all should be well.

You say removed large oil tank - the remote one or the one under the cowl? If you left the one under the cowl, make sure you disconnect the oil sensor - 2 wires with bullet connectors located at the bottom of small tank under the cowl."

Back