Logo

CLINTON IGNITION PROBLEMS 75 HP Sea King Montgomery Ward

bobbyg

"NO spark ... pulled the flywh

"NO spark ... pulled the flywheel and here's pic of ignition ...

252843.jpg
Ignition"">

1. The spark plug wire that goes into the coil slid out very easily ... I assume this is normal but should it be more firmly attached?

2. Does anyone have a link where to get a replacement ... someone mentioned NAPA ...

3. Could this electronic ignition be converted to mechanical (or is this just a stupid idea).

4. Last Q ... could there be some other reason for no spark i.e. flywheel out of sync, etc."

"I've had a little luck by

"I've had a little luck by trimming back the insulation to make it flat on the end and bending about 3/16 inch of wire over then sliding the spark plug wire back in the hole. It should be glued in. I have used neoprene cement or glue that I found at wallyworld which is Gas & Oil Resistant Seal all. Back in the old days my dad would have used a few drops of old laquer paint. As a note, I've also been lucky a few times to recognize that some coils look a lot alike and have found several applications where a coil off of an old small johnson or mercury fit several engines that I couldn't find any reference for parts...worked good and ran great. If you've got old motors laying around you can compare."

I have the same motor with a i

I have the same motor with a identical coil if you look inside the coil wher the spark plug wire goes and you see a spike then you should cut the end of the wire make sure its even then push the wire in and the spike goes into the wire and then make sure that your points are gaped at .020 and that all your conections are cleaned. www.discount-marine-parts.com you can also try these guys for a new coil

"I have a 7.5 Sea King M# k751

"I have a 7.5 Sea King M# k751-4106-A S#1191905 TYpe# xyv-50475-A
I'm looking for a manuel.
Is it a water cooler engine?
I don't see a stream of water coming from the motor when I start it. Is that normal? It has never been run until the other day when I started it, so I don't think the impeller can be worn out. It was kept in a closet all it's life. It's ready to come out of the closet. ha ha. any help would be appreciated. [email protected]"

Here comes your manual; and ye

Here comes your manual; and yes they did have a water pump but only sprayed a mist on your hand when working right.

Just tried to send you a book but your server will not take it

I got the manuel but the motor

I got the manuel but the motor does not look like mine. The bottom end looks the same but the top looks really different. Thanks so much for sending this. I don't have a picture of it but can take one this weekend when I'm at the lakehouse. Thanks again

Most had layers like an onion

Most had layers like an onion before you get to the parts you recognize. I left all that off as I was after the manufacturers of the components for a description of how to repair them. You may have the "full shift version" which was about as advanced as those Air cooled ever got.

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
286587.jpg

this is close to waht my motor looks like, this one has been painted. Mine is blue and white."

Once you get all that plastic

Once you get all that plastic and gas tank off you will start to recognize some of the diagrams.

Remove the starter and that should release the big plastic cover/gas tank. Some times you had to get the adjustment knobs and throttle handle off to get the front plate off.

Back