Logo

Smoking

mcostello

Yamaha 2001 200 HP V Max When

Yamaha 2001 200 HP V Max When I start engine it will smoke like crazy. Motor runs great at high RPM with no apparent smoke.I can stop fish for a bit start motor and smokes again. Is there a low RPM adjustment for the oil tank ?

Ran a compression test all cyl

Ran a compression test all cylinders between 79 and 85 lbs. still smokes upon start up when engine is level. ?????

So someone else had it 5 seaso

So someone else had it 5 seasons...I think you have a high mileage engine and it is showing signs of wear and tear. It would be worth determining clearences or if there is a noticable ridge on the top of the cylinders..indicating wear. If it is tired and you do nothing it is only a matter of time before it catches a ring in a port and you could be sitting on enough damage to possibly make it not worth repairing. Worth pulling a head and taking a look.

"De-carded engine,(some fo

"De-carded engine,(some folks on the bank asked if I wanted them to call 911)I told them I was OK. After the second time motor cleaned up. Thanks to all who helped!!!! Motor ran up to 5800 and held it there. I did notice that when I trim the motor down when I'm coming to a stop, that when I start it back up it smokes a little. When I leave the motor trimed up in running position, stop,fish awhile, when I start motor there is no smoke at all. once again Thanks to all. Mark"

"Not sure about that particula

"Not sure about that particular engine, but maybe oil from the oil tank is seeping thru the pump somehow and into the engine while not running. Then, excessive smoke on firing up until it is all burned."

"Check the operating temp if i

"Check the operating temp if its too cold the fuel will puddle in the transfer ports and cause it to smoke, the the engine needs to run at 143 deg F to burn the excess fuel"

Back