Logo

No fuel

rft

"Hey guys,

I replaced my s

"Hey guys,

I replaced my spin on fuel water separator and am not getting fuel to the motor. It's like the system lost it's prime. I filled up the filter with fuel, installed it, prime the bulb till it was hard, and started the motor. After a few minuets the motor died because it was starved of fuel. I then by passed the filter completely and went straight to the motor and was unable to get the priming bulb hard???? the Tank was not full and on a slight incline (bow down) because of my drive way. I have since took the boat and filled her up but really don't think that this was the problem (I ran out of time to give it another try last night). If filling the tank doesn't work were should I start to look for problems? How do I prime the system?

Replacing the spin on IS a no brainer but.....
uhoh.gif

Thanks"

"There was a similar post rece

"There was a similar post recently like yours, the problem in that case was the wrong filter. Did you replace a "like for Like" filter?"

"Here is the jist of things.

"Here is the jist of things. When I took off the "old" filter I relieved the tank pressure. I have a 24 gallon tank, it only had about 6 gallons in it plus the boat was heading in a down hill angle, bow forward in my driveway. It seems that once I relieved the tank pressure the fuel pick up was having a hard time sucking up the fuel. I filled the tank and then stuck the filter on and the bulb "primed" up right away. Motor started and ran fine.

All that trouble because of an almost empty tank. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the reply's from this post and my other regarding this."

"Just a comment, your fuel tan

"Just a comment, your fuel tank should not be under any pressure. It if is indeed pressurizing, the vent is plugged.
Good job on fixing your fuel problem!
Nick"

"Yes I agree, you are correct.

"Yes I agree, you are correct. I checked the vent, not plugged.. I should add that it was just very slight slight pressure. not a whole lot.

Thanks"

Back