Logo

20hp johnson year

alyakhim

"Hello,

I recently purchase

"Hello,

I recently purchased a 1966-1968 Johnson 20 hp....... I'm trying to pin point the exact year and model so I can order some parts to restore it however, the model/serial number plate is missing off from the transom mount..... The only other serial number on the motor is the serial number located on the freeze plug. It is E3611239 I scoured the internet trying to find information with this number but I cannot find any..... If anybody can offer some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks"

"To ID it you need the model n

"To ID it you need the model number, not the serial number. The number you have found may not even be the serial number. I suspect not.
I believe dealers may have access to info on serial numbers."

"u need model numbers,to id j/

"u need model numbers,to id j/e--u need serial numbers to id mercs...dealers dont have any info on j/e serial numbers,except....on the comp controlled engines,..or...engines that have had 'in-warranty' service."

"Michael,

I agree with jwbm

"Michael,

I agree with jwbmarine, I don't think the serial number will help pinpoint the year. As you probably know the model number should be one of these.

I don't know what parts you need, but some might be common across all those years. You could look at the Sierra application guides to see years covered for common parts."

Back