Logo

1995 15hp Suzuki DT15C

I have been having problems wi

I have been having problems with fowling the plugs. I was told that the oil injection system could be the problem and that I should "By Pass" the oil injection and just premix the gas and oil in the fuel tank.
Does anyone have any advice here?

Thanks !

Leave the oil injection alone.

Leave the oil injection alone. Try a hotter plug. What year is the engine and what plugs are you using. NGK only in a Suzuki.

Sorry you said 1995 in your po

Sorry you said 1995 in your post I missed that. I'll chk my chart tommorrow to see what you could use for plugs. Can you tell me what temp thermostat you currently have. There are a couple of different temps available. You may need raise the block temp. We should try that first. Temp rating is on the bottom of t stat it will have a number and the letter c. (Example 50c)

"The plugs are NGK B7HS.

No

"The plugs are NGK B7HS.

Not sure what the temp thermostat is, I will look.
Thanks a lot for your help, with 26 years working with Suzuki motors yo must know what your doing....
Thanks again Robert!"

Should be on the port side abo

Should be on the port side above the exhaust cover. Be careful don't break the bolts. Try the NGK BR7HS-10. R means it is a resistor plug. Thats what it calls for. The thermostat should be a 60c. I know have a service bulliten on that problem somewhere I'll find it. Stand by I'm still looking.

"Okay found it. It was for the

"Okay found it. It was for the DT8 and 9.9c models though. They upgraded from a 50c to 60c thermostat for smoother idle and reduced plug fouling.

Make sure you have right thermostat (60c)and plugs. Don't forget to gap plugs. Use a good quality 2 cycle oil also. You could try syntheic two stroke oil it burns a lot cleaner. Penzoil syntheic blend, Amsoil ect.

The DT8 and 9.9c use the BR6HS-10 with a 60c thermostat. These engines are very similar.

I don't know it all Darryl and I learn something new everyday. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this fourm. I thought it would be nice to share some of mine. Thank you for the compliment."

"Just got back in the house...

"Just got back in the house...
Wow, You are really quick Robert! Thanks for the help...
It is great to have people out there like yourself that are willing to take the time and effort to help people like myself when we need it.
I will let you know how it works out...
Thank You !!!
Darryl Lawson"

"Robert,

I took your advic

"Robert,

I took your advice and checked the carburetor more closely. I disassembled it cleaned it up and blew out the ports with compressed air.

I also replaced the plugs with hotter plugs. It fired right up and with a little adjustment on the air/fuel mixture it is running fine. I will also change to a better grade of 2cycle oil and better fuel as you recommended.

I am really excited that I have my boat back in the water for this fishing season! I will also upgrade my 115 hp Mercury to better oil and fuel.

Once again, Thank You Robert for your expertise and willingness to help !!

I could not believe the quick response I got from you every time I had a question . You were "Right On" with your answers every time !!

If you will let me know where your Dealership is located I would be happy to recommend it to everyone. Anyone that takes the time and effort to help someone out as you have must have a Very Reliable Business !!

Darryl Lawson"

Back