Logo

Help identify

marinette

"I have bought a 1965 marinett

"I have bought a 1965 marinette 26' express with a gray marine V8. The flywheel is towards the bow of the boat. I have not picked the boat up yet, but have a picture of the engine and I am curious to know exactly what it is. Thanks."

"Nathan
You have a Gray Marin

"Nathan
You have a Gray Marine engine (built by AMC) flywheel fwd. Most likely model # v8c-238. The c stands for flywheel forward and the 238 for the horsepower. Good strong engine, I have one myself with flywheel aft. Hope this helps Pat"

"Is there a way to distinguish

"Is there a way to distinguish the 250ci from the 327ci from looking at the engine. I was also thinking that it is a 327ci, but I saw a picture of a 250ci and it looked very similar. Is the vertical manifold with the 1bbl carb original? It looks like the firing order on the manifold is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.
Thanks again"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
252567.jpg
Fireball1"">
252568.jpg
Fireball2

Pictures are kinda small. The

Pictures are kinda small. The only single carb other than the 4bbl is a single side draft and that is a 135 hp 250 cu.in. That would be the V8 135.
If you need any technical data on the engine let me know. I have the books for specs and part numbers.
Cal

I downloaded your picture and

I downloaded your picture and with a close up view I see that the intake manifold was modified from a 4bbl to whatever is on there now. I would guess that you have the V8 238. Gets it's 238 hp rating at 4000 rpm.
Bore and stroke 4" X 3 1/4"
Compression ratio 9.5:1
Weight with the direct drive velvet is 924 lbs.
I have this engine in the boat pictured on the side and it is a bull. Purrs like a kitten even after long idle in "no wake" zones. Has enough snot to pull a boat load of skiers without a hiccup.

Thanks to all. This is a grea

Thanks to all. This is a great site and I am sure that I will be utilizing it frequently once I get the boat home and start working on it.

Back