Logo

Classifieds Beware of Scammers

marion_moore

Contributing Member
"This probably isn't the r

"This probably isn't the right board but I wanted to raise awarness.

I am selling some Suzuki parts on the free classified page. I have received three contacts from people obviously interested in scamming me. All of them use ASAP somewhere in their email. Two of the three mentioned paying with a certified check in the first email. All of them avoid my direct questions of exactly what part they need. All three of them use broken English or strange/uncommon words and phrases.
I am just blown away by how stupid they act.

They tell me they have a local shipper in my area that will come to my house and pick up the part!!! That is ridiculous. Of course they don’t answer when I ask WHO the shipper is and their address.

The Internet is a wonderful tool but just like fire, you can get burned if you are not careful!"

"We receive several of these t

"We receive several of these types of e-mails every day. Also beware of counterfeit money orders and cashiers checks. The internet is a great place to find/sell items, but it is also a den for thieves."

"Sold my rig recently <[img]"h

"Sold my rig recently
sad.gif
, via the internet.

Had many calls for better offers than I advertised it for. Had a good chuckle, gave them a dormant acc's details and the deposits were done as they promised. Turned out to be rubber cheques.

Still waiting for them to collect the boat that's already sold...

Best part was they did not even know jack squat about boats and had yet to view her. Priceless!!!"

Back