Logo

Water in engine

spicerak

Contributing Member
Just wondering is it possiable

Just wondering is it possiable that water can get in engine from the exhaust when going in reverse.cause one plug gets a wet look and i did taste some salt what do u think

"thats not your problem.....hd

"thats not your problem.....hd gaskets,or exhaust gaskets is where iw ould be headed.."

"Just exactly where is water e

"Just exactly where is water entering the engine, and what engine are you speaking of?"

well is a 1989 150 evinrude xp

well is a 1989 150 evinrude xp well one plug is fouling up when i take it out and look at it.its the only one that has a milky look and build up.the one on the bottom of it gets like a white dry look and the one on top looks good with the oil look on it.i was told water could be getting in there from the exhaust.Why only one plug thats messing up?when i change the plug it runs fine for a while until if fouls up than i change it again

"Remove the cylinder head and

"Remove the cylinder head and inspect the sealing areas of the gasket and of the block itself.

It sounds like you have a failing gasket, that is failing between those two cylinders, and is allowing water into the cylinders.

When installing the head/bolts, torque them to 19 to 20 foot pounds inthe following sequence.

12..11 (A ever widening circle)"

is there any way of telling if

is there any way of telling if the head is leaking or do i neeed to just take it apart

"If you're getting water i

"If you're getting water in the cylinder it's a pretty safe bet that the head is leaking... A head gasket really doesn't cost much, and it's well worth checking..."

Back