Logo

Starting a 2003 T Volvo Penta

washbfr

My 2003T engine has always bee

My 2003T engine has always been slow to start but always does. Only have 1300 hours on the engine. (Sail most of the time) I can't remember if there is a starting procedure that I'm not following. For example should I turn the key to the on position for a while then turn it further to crank and start? Thanks for any advice!

Try advancing throttle more th

Try advancing throttle more than half way. Pull stop lever and return. Turn key to start and lower throttle when running. Volvo calls this "cold start procedure". Hope it helps.

Richard...thanks for the advic

Richard...thanks for the advice......I was just up to the boat Lost & Found. You might remember her...when I was in Mears Point you serviced the boat several times. Your advice was right on....I went up to Baltimore (Anchorage Marina) where L&F is now and followed your advice and she started right up! Thanks again....Frank

"Richard, I have a 2003 mysel

"Richard, I have a 2003 myself and I am still wondering what the pull stop lever is doing at starting the engine but also what is happening when I pull it to stop the engine. Can you explain that please. Txs Rob"

"When you pull to stop you are

"When you pull to stop you are moving rack on injection pumps to stop supply of fuel. When static a spring advances rack to WOT against throttle stop lever. When you pull stop and return it moves throttle stop lever and spring allows rack to move further forward. Lack of better expression is like choking a gas engine. When started, governor returns rack to normal position."

Volvo Penta 2003 T,
Setting max rev and max volume screws
Can anyone tell me how to set/reset the Max volume and rev screws on a 2003 T? I know the manual says not to touch them.

Thank you

Back