Logo

92 150 Super Six Fuel issues

tom_murphy

When the engine is cold the mo

When the engine is cold the motor starts up nice and runs just great across the lake for about 5 min. Then on occaision you can feel the engine studder for a second then go again. Then when I take the boat off of plane and go to shut it down and idle. The motor shakes like it's getting too much fuel. If I just try to put around the motor will die. After letting it sit for about a half hour. It starts great and runs just fine again. Anyone have any ideas?

"sticky floats, sticky fuel pr

"sticky floats, sticky fuel primer, leaky fuel pump dia's???"

You will have to remove the di

You will have to remove the dia's for a inspection. could vacumn test the pumps too. Or take it your Tech.

soaked plugs
remove pump and

soaked plugs
remove pump and squeeze primer bulb
fuel will leak out of pulse hole in back

I pulled off the pumps and aft

I pulled off the pumps and after pulling them apart notice that the plastic chech valve on the upper pump was broken. Could this have caused my problem? I was told that the chech valves are not replaceable parts. Time for a new pump?

Yes it will and yes it is.
I

Yes it will and yes it is.
Is any of the plastic chk valve missing. If it is I know where you can usually find it.

"Well I replaced the upper fue

"Well I replaced the upper fuel pump and put new dia's in the lower pump. Took the boat out and it runs like crap. Still has the studder going and at idle speed it runs awful and will die. Got home, pulled the plugs (all 12 of them) and noticed that 1 plug on each upper cylinder were soaked and BLACK. Now I'm really lost. Ignition box? It just doesn't even want to start. Please help guys."

Back