Logo

94 40 hp mariner magnum

ted

Contributing Member
"just picked up long shaft,ele

"just picked up long shaft,elec start,2 carb,cant find model #.Need wiring diagram for controlls,8 pin,also have power trim and tilt unit never installed, does that use sellanoids?the vro looks kind of small any known problems,last thing,looks like someone removed rectfier and tape off wires can that hurt stater or any outher compontes? thanks for any and all info THANKS TED"

"Ted, so many questions [img][

"Ted, so many questions

I'm not at my "outboard" computer at the moment, but if the email you have listed is good I can send you pdf files for the wiring and the power trim.

Removing the rectifier is ok, but the wires must go to an "isolation block", can't simply be taped off - that could ultimately toast the charge coils which could also end up taking out the ignition part of the stator as well."

"thank you Graham...what is a

"thank you Graham...what is a iso block,do Iwant the wires tied to ground? it stared rite up once I figured the choke on the 8 pin conn,it also ran with out the batt conn once it started,I guess it makes its own power for the coils THANKS AGAIN TED"

"quit messing with it or its g

"quit messing with it or its going to get expessive, you need to do something with those wires. One wrong connection and zapp, you now have an anchor."

Back