Logo

Tilt n trim sending unit

dannyvan

"1978 85hp johnson, sending un

"1978 85hp johnson, sending unit for tilt/trim unit is not hooked up, the wires are cut at the sending unit and are about 6" long. I need to know how to wire it. Thanks in advance"

"Could you supply a bit more i

"Could you supply a bit more info, where are the wires cut and are there any wires that you see that may correspond"

"Thanks for responding, did no

"Thanks for responding, did not think I was going to get a response. The wires (2) that come from the sending unit are about 6" long. Both wires are black. Their are not any wires that I can Find that would correspond. A few years ago I had a used tilt/trim unit installed. Prior to the install I removed The old unit including sending unit. The mechanic asked if I wantedd to hook up the sending unit and of course i could not afford the cost of a new gauge and his labor seeing how I just spent $1100 dollars. So I am assuming He did away with the wires. I hope I have not confused you. Thanks"

"First let me assure you, you

"First let me assure you, you have entered the greatest show on earth, we don't solve all problems but every member tries their best to resolve what they can,somtimes it is the lack of general knowledge of the person requesting help and the inability of us to speak in laymens terms, but we do try.
Now do you have a gauge on your boat now?"

I bought a gauge but not yet i

I bought a gauge but not yet installed. My idea was to keep it out and connect any wires prior to installing it because it would be easier to move the wires around on the back of the gauge when testing. If I need to install now just let me know.

"Yes on the wiring diagram, bu

"Yes on the wiring diagram, but I think its for a newer model. I can take a ohm meter and hook it up to the wires on the sending unit and as I increase the lever on the sending unit the numbers on the meter increase. Don't know if this is good info or not."

Back