Logo

Volvo penta 4 cyl

truck

can anyone tell me how to iden

can anyone tell me how to identify which AQ series motor i have. there are no markings. I just purchased the boat

"Look for a plate riveted to t

"Look for a plate riveted to the engine block, above the starter. It should have the model and serial number of your power plant.

252117.jpg
"

Thanks found it.one other thin

Thanks found it.one other thing. Found out I have an AQ 125 A. The heak gasket is blown and Im getting vapors out of the exhaust port. Does that motor have a water pump or an impeller and how can I tell if it is bad with the blown head gasket?

"The head gasket should be che

"The head gasket should be cheap to replace. Go to your friendly neighbourhood autoparts store and ask them for a head gasket for a 1976 to 1982 282 Volvo car engine (B21 block).

The engine has two pumps: a centrifugal circulating water pump on the fresh water (coolant) side, and a positive displacement (rubber impeller) pump in the raw water side.

If you have never worked on those engines, may I suggest that you get hold of the Seloc Sterndrives 1968-91 repair manual (Book # 3600) or the Clymer Volvo sterndrive shop manual 1968-1993 (book B770). Either of them will be of great help (I prefer Seloc, but Clymer is also OK)."

"I have a Volvo 3.0 gas engine

"I have a Volvo 3.0 gas engine in a 2000 SX 175 Glastron with about 60 hours total running time. I think I have a problem of high pressure in the rubber hose between the circulating pump and the thermostat housing. This is a raw water system used only in fresh water. This problem started when the engine overheat alarm sounded due to a hose connection failure. I replaced the water pump impeller (thanks to Seloc book)and shredded bits of impeller were removed from housing and hoses. Everything seemed normal for maybe 5 hours run time until the exhaust bellows failed. We used the boat for several hours with temperatures normal. Just before quitting to take the boat in for the bellows replacement, the large hose between the circulating pump and the thermostat housing split open. The dealer tech also replaced the hose and impeller and said he found bits of impeller in the system but I'm not sure where. I put the boat in the water and after 1.5 hours of water sports the hose split again. I put a new one on and noticed the hose is rock hard when the engine is running even at idle. Is this normal? The boat was put then put away for the winter. I suspect there are impeller debris plugging the system. Any ideas on cause and what can I do before taking it back to the dealer again. Thanks in advance for your help.}"

Back