Logo

1998 250 EFI Leaking Oil at prop

brian_grady

"I just purchased a "new&#

"I just purchased a "new" boat and it came with a 1998 Mariner EFI 250 hp. I started it up and it had a lot of smoke which I assume was all the fogging oil from when it was winterized. I let it ran for a while and the smoke dissapated to a normal level, however, I still have a lot of oil that drips from the prop area. Its not milky, so thats good. Just doesnt seem normal to have such a leak right there. It will also only leak when the engine is running. If it sits for a weak, no problem. Any thoughts?"

"My garage floor has an oil sp

"My garage floor has an oil spill from every one of my engines, all 2 strokes. it's normal and a sign of good winterization.

Jeff

PS: You be surprised how many people just shut 'em off and store 'em, then are "Shocked! Shocked!" that they run like crap next Spring."

"Run some Seafoam in a tank of

"Run some Seafoam in a tank of gas and you will see a whole lot more crud/cooties come out - Anytime a motor has been sitting for more than a month, it's worth cleaning all the crud out that collects."

"Thanks for your help gentleme

"Thanks for your help gentlemen. I was thinking that was the situation, but I wanted a second opinion. Happy boating!"

Back