Logo

Chokecarb adjustment problem 99 82b evinrude

"u can pull those lil carbs of

"u can pull those lil carbs off all day long,and as long as no one has 'messed' w/the pick-up cam...nothing has chg since it came outa the box-------as far as that...."

"As far as I know, no one has

"As far as I know, no one has messed with cam, but I don't know what all the Mechanic did when he had it...he said he had it water ready and not to mess with anything....throttled her up and back it off the trailer, put in fwd and she died. Have had to hold the choke ever since....400 bucks later, go figure........"

"take carb off---clean/flow--t

"take carb off---clean/flow--thru every orifice,..every tiny hole,tube,jet,..must be clear...it is a simple carb...ck/ck/dbl/ck----make sure u have a good carb to eng(intake) gasket...turn LS mixture out about 1.5 turns...start,once warm..fine tune,to about 1 turn..or so...."

"and......i HAVE run accross,o

"and......i HAVE run accross,older 9.9-15..that had the labyrinth seal,...metal grooves in powerhd,..worn down...we even had service rep's,..that diagnosed this,(while we had them there for other prob's).....they can and will cause probs....rare............but,..it happens...all u can do,...is have a clean/functional carb/fuel pump..and a good,hot ignition system,..bottom line....other prob's concerning fuel.....can,be ,...blow -by ..between cy's.....and my experiance,...has been it is esp bad,.on 2 cy;'ls 50-55's"

"Okay, I don't want to sp

"Okay, I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I got her running. I am not sure what part fixed it, but I change the fuel pump, the high speed orifice, float, and cleaned the carb. I have good throttle response while idoling, and in gear. The only thing I did different was that I started with the LS needle unscrewed probably 5 turns to get the engine started, and then I screwed it in a little at a time until the engine acted like it wanted to die. I know most of you are saying that the LS needle should be about 2-3 turns out, but (i am not sure exactly), I think mine is about 4-5 turns out. I am not sure if that is a problem, and I don't know why it is different from most everybody else's. I may get a new LS needle, but for now I think I am happy. I will run the motor a little every afternoon to make sure. Keep your fingers crossed."

"Please do not take this wrong

"Please do not take this wrong, but do you have a Service Manual? If not get one it will help in understanding the Excellent guidance you are receiving here.
Also you should not rev that motor with just the Muffs."

"Well, I guess I spoke too soo

"Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I can't get her started now. I have been gone for the past few days, but I tried to crank it over lunch without success. I have had it running twice since I put it back together, the second time it was a little hard to start, but she finally did. I took the fuel line off the carb and pumped the primer bulb and fuel shot out, and then I pulled on it a couple of times and fuel shot out. Any suggestions?????????"

"If you have compression and p

"If you have compression and proper spark, and the flywheel key isn't sheared, your problem still spells carburetor trouble."

Back