Logo

FUELOIL MIX MARINER 8HP

anddoh

"HI, I HAVE AN 8HP MARINER 199

"HI, I HAVE AN 8HP MARINER 1997 8M WITH TILLER GEAR CHANGE, COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE CORRECT FUEL/OIL RATIO,AND SPARK PLUGS. THANKS ANDDOH."

"Mix at 50:1 - regular unleade

"Mix at 50:1 - regular unleaded (86 or 87 octane with no more than 15% ethanol) and TCW3 rated, 2 stroke Marine outboard oil.

For plugs use NGK's BP8H-N-10's gapped at .040"

Do not let someone cross ref the plugs to a Champion. Alternately you could use an Autolite plug, but Champions will not work well with this models ignition system (the resistance of the plug is wrong)..."

"Yes, the 1995-2005 8 horse mo

"Yes, the 1995-2005 8 horse motors are identical in every respect.

In fact, if Merc built one in 95 and say it sat at a dealer and was ultimately sold in 2002, it would have be sold as a "new" 2002 model..."

"I actualy had champion plugs

"I actualy had champion plugs on my engine i now have NGK. I had to do a breakdown on the carb the main jet was clogged. The fuel mixture is 1 and 1/2 turns? Graham you are full of info.
"

Also when you measure the floa

Also when you measure the float its 1 inch from the bottom of the float to the top of the main jet when the bowl is held upside down?

"Yes, the idle jet is "lig

"Yes, the idle jet is "lightly seated" (screwed in) and then backed out 1 1/2 turn as the starting point (which is usually about bang on).

And yes, for measuring the float, you turn the carb upside down so the float is lookin' at ya. Because that is the way you mimic the bowl being full of gas for the purpose of float adjustment."

Back