Logo

Exhaust hose

jclays

Regular Contributor
Now that the new exhaust manif

Now that the new exhaust manifolds are installed on my starboard engine. Does anyone have the hot tip on getting the 3 inch hoses on to the crusty old Y pipe on one end of the exhaust a the other on to the manifold ends. Once installed on to the Y pipe I cant get the hose to slide down on to the manifold ends enough to get enough hose on the manifold end.

wire brush the crusty y pipe a

wire brush the crusty y pipe and then slide it on. the hose should slide then. If you are worryed that by wire brushing it you might cause a leak it is time to replace it any way. If you do replace it I would go with the fiberglass y.
Good luck and happy Easter.

"In addition to the wire brush

"In addition to the wire brush clean up, get some quicksilver Power Tune. Spray it liberally inside the hose and sparingly on the male end. You'd be amazed how much friction is eliminated."

"Here's the really hot &#4

"Here's the really hot (no punn intended) trick: Buy a 3 1/8 or 3 1/4 inch hose. That's what I use on mine, and they are readily available. The parts go right on and--months later--they come off again with a bit of persuation. And, no, they don't leak.

Trust me on this!

Jeff"

you can get power tune at a me

you can get power tune at a mercury or mercrusier shop. Nominal 12oz aerosol spray can.

Bought the 3 1/8 hose. OMG....

Bought the 3 1/8 hose. OMG.........that extra 1/8th inch was the hot tip. And it sealed great. I wire brushed and sanded smooth with 80grit emery cloth.
thanks
Jim
PS see next thread for more on the on going saga of oldddddddddd parts.

Back