Logo

BF130 idle problem

sylvan19

"I have a 2001 BF130 that when

"I have a 2001 BF130 that when warmed up when I idle around it has a miss that gets worse the more I idle and then just dies.This all takes place in 2 to 3 minutes of idleing.I tested the idle air control motor,throttle position sender,air pressure sender all tested within factory specs.I tested the injector they were all 13.5 ohms (factory specs 11.1 to 12.3 ohms)would this cause this?All fuel filters have be changed except for the high pressure one.The motors has 65 hours on it the owner said.I am the second owner.Plugs all look good.Motor runs great at all other rmps.

Thanks"

I drained the VST.I do not hea

I drained the VST.I do not hear any valve noise.I will put a new set of plugs in and try it this weekend.
Thanks

I will check valves to.I check

I will check valves to.I checked my thermostat and found that it had a 72 deg.celsius.My shop manual says it should have a 52 deg. celsius.I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I ordered one today.

How common is the problem with the cracked head and block on these motors?

Took boat to lake today and ha

Took boat to lake today and had no idle problem.The plugs must have taken care of the problem.
Since this is a 2001 and has no symptons of the cracked block/head do you think this one will be ok?The original owner said it had 60 some hours on it.I call Honda and they said it had a warranty on the block and head till 4/2012.
I will take it in for the one time complimentary check before the warranty is up.

Back