Logo

318 Chrysler replacement

dukehetland

I have an early 318 chrysler i

I have an early 318 chrysler in an aluminum Marinette. I need to replace the engine. Can i take the cam out and the heads off and install them into and onto a late model 318 chrysler engine out of a dodge truck??

"How early? If it's one o

"How early? If it's one of those old polysperhicals, no. Otherwise, you're all set. Just be sure to use all brass freeze out plugs and stainless head gaskets IF you run raw water cooling.

Jeff"

"If you mean by late model eng

"If you mean by late model engine post '92, then you have a Magnum. You will know for sure if you have a roller cam in it. You might want to consider using that instead mainly because the heads flow much better but to Jeff's point the blocks are the same.....Jack"

Avoid the Magnum--all kinds of

Avoid the Magnum--all kinds of different stuff. Stick to the garden variety 360s.

Jeff

"If you use a 360 in place of

"If you use a 360 in place of the original 318 remember that you need to change a bunch of items, flywheel, oilpan and a few other items, just email if your going that route.

Dave"

"It is my plan to remove the c

"It is my plan to remove the cam and the heads from the original 318 engine and install them into a late 90,s 318 truck engine. Hopefully the block is the same as the earlier modle block originally installed in the boat. Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner as i was sent out of town to work. Thanks for all of your input Gentlemen..."

Back