Logo

Suzuki DT25 No Spark

hope761fish

"1982 dt25 2 stroke, I started

"1982 dt25 2 stroke, I started it up last month, it ran perfect, I tried to start it to day and there is no spark, the safty switch is in the newtral position,I cleaned the plugs, still no spark, I am at a lost, i am trying to get a manual, but it's a 1982 model, I need a wireing schemactic or any suggestion of what i am looking over, any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance"

Is this electric or pull start

Is this electric or pull start? Tiller handle or remote?

Hi Linny
Are you sure about t

Hi Linny
Are you sure about the year?? If so. I will chk my archive to see what I can come up with. It could possibly be a cdi box although that was rare. I'm thinking more simple since the engine ran fine prior to this problem. I would look into the kill circuit for now. stand by.

Hey Blackbetty
It's not likely to be a timing switch. A engine that old would not have a timing switch. It would have a moveable timer base. And if it was bad it would not affect the spark. It is exactly what you called it a timing switch. They were used for Idle speed control only by advanceing or retarding the ignition timing while in the idle mode on later model engines. It has no effect above idle. Unless you are thinking of a TPI or TPS. Same thing though will not stop spark they only control timing.

"Well my manual came in today,

"Well my manual came in today, i will sit here tonight and try to comb through it and see what i can come up with, at lease i might be able to test the CDI box, I am still intertaining suggestion"

Hey Linny
Test your outputs f

Hey Linny
Test your outputs for the trigger coil or ignition sensor coil and the condenser charge coil located under the flywheel. Peak reading volt meter works best for testing those components.

Back