"I own a 1977 Luhrs 32ft flybridge sedan cruiser with twin 318 chrysler 225 HP F.W.C. with Paragon Transmission.

I had to remove the trans/VDrive and lost the spring like part that goes from the output of the crankshaft to the end of the spline from the transmission. I have attached some photos to show the area I discribed.

My question is, Does anyone know the name of the spring like part and it's part number and where I can purchase one so I can put the engine and transmission together?

Also does anyone know the diameter of the packing rope needed for the stuffing box as both are leaking at this time.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.