Logo

Johnson 112 SPL Trim and tilt release

hambone004

"I went out today, and the til

"I went out today, and the tilt stuck on up. I was fortunate enough to get the motor shut down before it overreved, I hope. I knoe that there is a release to let the motor down. Which srew is it. The one mid way on the cylinder, or the one at the bottom of one of the cylindres?? Also, any ideas on what could be wrong? Switches, relays? Thanks!!"

David it is on the stb side an

David it is on the stb side and access through the transom bracket...it is a flate screw driver slot....do not under any circumstances wind it out too far as it will damage the orings.

"Possible switch in throttle c

"Possible switch in throttle contol or relay, there are 2 relay's 1 up 1 down, you can swap them over which should reveal wether it's a swich or relay issue, there is a parts break down available on line but I am not certain where, several of the site members are cracker jacks at that sort of thing, if it's a relay issue, I am certain they are readliy available in texas, be certain to buy a spare, if you can't find one I have sevreal, would send one N/C.
happy.gif
"

"you also need to make sure AL

"you also need to make sure ALL the connections are super clean...and wires are not burnt or melted

here is thebest place for exploded diagrams and complete parts descriptions
http://shop.evinrude.com/

also if you have multiple switches you may want to start by unhooking all but one then go from there..."

Back