Logo

Propeller controls

fynn

"Hello, i'am from germany

"Hello, i'am from germany so my english is not so good. This is my first post at this board.

I have a question about controls for a controllable pitch prop. As i understand, you need at least two levers (throttle & pitch) for operation but several pics show three levers, usually one single lever and one double lever control head, for a cpp-equipped boat. Can anyone explain me what the levers are for? The only hint i found through google was on a Norwegian site describing the three levers for pitch (single lever), reverse gear + throttle (double lever). But why needs a cpp reverse gear???

thank you for your help and patience with my english...."

"why not send SABB an email, w

"why not send SABB an email, with a link to the page with the picture?

a lever for pitch makes sense as does one for throttle....the third make to to "engage" or disengage the CPP unit. It could also be the PTO control."

"Thanks for the reply.
The si

"Thanks for the reply.
The site mentioned was not Saab-related. I don't think they offer translation services ;-). But i found the info that the third lever controls the clutch (older models) or gear (newer models). The clutch allows to engage/disengage the prop, as you say. The gear offers the additional advantage that you can use the prop with fixed pitch (when the CPP actuator fails, the blades go into a default setting, usually full pitch in one direction)."

Back