Logo

Mercury Motor Pics

planomark

"Is there a link for viewing p

"Is there a link for viewing pictures of Mercury motors with decent resolution and various view angles? I'm particularly interested in the 20hp. A gentleman is selling a boat and stated it has an '89 model 20 horse and has sent pictures, but it looks more like a 60's style cowling with the rounded backside and the exhaust/water discharge ports in the back. It does have the stop button on the left side, opposite the tiller arm and blue around the large "Mercury" plate in front.

Thanks.

Mark"

"Here's an old 86 I had.

"Here's an old 86 I had. The decalling is different, but the hood should be the same.

Jeff
251339.jpg
"

"If it has an actual "plat

"If it has an actual "plate" for the Merc emblem on the front of the hood, it will be likely nothing newer than the 70's.

Another clue to age would be if it's a model 200. Those were built between 1963-78..."

"(I should have thought ab

"(I should have thought about this in the beginning of this thread to eliminate keeping you guys from guessing. But, I'm learning...)

I am gonna try attaching a couple pics of the unit.

Mark

251373.jpg
Pic of 20 horse #1"">
Are those two rectangles exhaust/water discharge ports, similar to those on my '67 110? Didn't the stop button on the side come out in the 70's?

251374.jpg
Pic of 20 horse #2"">
This pic shows the large "Mercury" plate/emblem on the front face."

"Thanks, Jeff. Well, I'll

"Thanks, Jeff. Well, I'll just have to consider the package he's offering as primarily a boat and trailer, without any expectations on the motor. I kinda don't want to get into the spare parts business, considering I have a '67 9.8 at present. The boat is a 17' Terry with a partial "v" hull. I don't know much about Terry aluminum craft, but if they are anything close to Monarch in quality, then I'd feel more comfortable. The trailer looks pretty good (from the pics) with hitch and boat cranks."

"Mark, I would say mid '70

"Mark, I would say mid '70's by the colour of the front plate, late '60's early '70's red band"

"In 1973 Merc started putting

"In 1973 Merc started putting the Thunderbolt 4 ignition on the 20 horse models.

So if it has points, it's 72 or older."

Back