Logo

2000 57 throttlebody wonbt start

tkrn82

"Hello,I have a 1969 formula w

"Hello,I have a 1969 formula with a 2000 5.7 throttlebody injected engine.I run this boat 5 days a week year round.Last time I ran it(fri)everything was fine ,no sign of trouble.This morning I went to start it and it would just turn over without really firing...maybe a cough or two.Every once in a while this happens so I open up the throttle wide open and It has always started.Not today.So i checked for spark out of the coil...there seems to be a strong spark.I checked the squirters to see if they were working and shooting gas.They were.So I decided to try some starting fluid...a few coughs then nothing.Im at the end of my mechanical knowledge rope.Anybody ever deal with something like this.Any advice is well appreciated thanks"

"So i checked for spark ou

"So i checked for spark out of the coil...there seems to be a strong spark.I checked the squirters to see if they were working and shooting gas."

You have fuel and spark AT THE COIL; is the spark getting to and jumping the plug gaps? Pull the plugs and replace if needed. Check the cap and rotor for wear. Verify that spark is actually getting to the plugs. Clean the flame arrestor. Let us know the color and condition of the plugs.

"also take a fuel sample in a

"also take a fuel sample in a glass jar and look for bubbles at the bottom (that would be water)
When was the fuel/water separator changed ? you may want to dump that into a clear ocntainer and check it.. good luck

ps if that has happened before and you opened the throttle to start it then you've flooded it, typically should only give 1 or 2 bumps of the throttle to set the choke, prime and start. If you pump more then your carb's idle mixture sounds a little lean."

Back