Logo

HELP chrysler 360 fresh water cooling conversion

jmarkroy

I'm trying to find a diagr

I'm trying to find a diagram or pictures showing me the proper way to convert my 360's to fresh water cooled. I just bought new manifolds and figured this will be the best time to do it. ANY help would be great!!!

"MArk:

If your engines have

"MArk:

If your engines have been raw water cooled for a while, the rust build up inside will clog the heat exchangers. It's been done, but those that tryed it had a lot of trouble.

Jeff

PS: If you run in salt water, then it's far worse."

"Hi Jeff, I guess I should hav

"Hi Jeff, I guess I should have explained that just the manifolds were raw water cooled. the rest of the engine has had antifreeze running through it. So I'm just looking for the best way to convert the manifolds over. i'm not quite sure of the direction of flow or where to hook things up."

"mmmm.... Full FWC engines, i.

"mmmm.... Full FWC engines, i.e., those that include the manifolds in the antifreeze circuit usually have larger heat exchangers and possibly higher flow raw water pumps.
The reason to not FWC the manifolds is not to save some pipe and hose, but to keep the heat exchanger cost down."

"If you do include them in the

"If you do include them in the circuit, rust will still show up in the heat exchangers. I've heard of people getting by with the stock exchangers after adding the manifolds to the circuit.

Jeff"

Back