Logo

"hi chris, the chrysler 413 wa

"hi chris, the chrysler 413 was manufactued between 1959 thru the early 1950s. It was the motor they put in new yorkers and imperials. If you need more info ,put :chrysler 413" in your google box. Even wikipedia has a section devoted to this engine. bob"

"413 cid Chrysler was a work h

"413 cid Chrysler was a work horse.
Predecessor to the 440's
Same stroke as its later brothers, the 426, & 440.
Auto use was the big cars , the Imperials, the top line Chrysler, New Yorkers, the premium upgrade from the 383's & the 361's, & the muscle cars of the early 60's.
Heavy duty blocks (larger water passages, heavy webbing in the blocks) were used as marine & industrial power plants, such as non attended oil dereks in the desert& continues use pumps, also as an alternative military power source, motor homes.
Back in the day, the US military deposited 5 (cosmolene preserved) engine clusters, in water tight containers, up & down the west coast, off the shoreline, just in case the Red menace or any others were able to cripple our industrial production capabilities. The 413 was one of the power plants of choice."

"..."413 cid Chrysler was

"..."413 cid Chrysler was a work horse.
Predecessor to the 440's "

Actually, the 426 wedge came next. (I know: Picky, picky.)

Never heard of a 413!!! Don't you remember the Beach Boys song "....the 413's really diggin' in, but my fuel injected sting's really starting spin. Power shift boys, heere we go...etc."

I'm showing my age again.

Jeff"

I think they were also known f

I think they were also known for those looooong cross over intake manifolds that put the carbs out over the fenders....!

Some nostalgia for the old guy

Some nostalgia for the old guys;
Well it happened on the strip
where the road is wide
two cool sharks sitting side by side
yea my fuel injected sting ray and a 413
we're revving up our engines
and it sounds real mean
declining numbers at an even rate
at the count of one we both accelerate
yea my sting ray is light the slicks are staring to spin but the 413's really digging in
gotta be cool now power shift here we go
pedal's to the floor hear his dual quads ring
but now the 413's lead is starting to shrink
he's out with ram induction but it's understood
I got a fuel injected engine sitting under my hood
shut it off shut it off
buddy now I shut you down
shut it off shut it off
buddy now I shut you down

"Ok Guys, thanks for the info,

"Ok Guys, thanks for the info,remember the 409 song,but not the 413,will have to dig it up,pretty sure this one only has a single 4 bb carb,and maybe 250-275hp,always been a chevy man,my 1st car was a 1964 chevelle malibu ss 327,had her for my last year in high school 1969-70,that was when you had to be 17 to get your permit to drive,the good old days,thanks again"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
250713.jpg
"

I rode a Chrysler 300 with the

I rode a Chrysler 300 with the above engine in it. Ran amazingly smooth for having those super long intake runners.

Jeff

PS: That photo is a keeper!

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
250737.jpg
Chrysler Long Ram 413"">

Long Ram, 30 inch long runners,
power at 2600rpm.
--------------------------------------

Short Ram, shortened the runners up to 15 inches,
power at 5200rpm.

250738.jpg
1964 Stage III Ram-Charger 426"">

Fred`156-M"

"A large number of modern engi

"A large number of modern engines have variable plenum length which changes internally as conditions dictate. Better power, mileage and torque under a variety of conditions. Cylinder de-activation is also common...I wonder if these changes will work their way into marine engines if they haven't already done so????"

"Two more keepers, Fred! Tank

"Two more keepers, Fred! Tanks.

Lots of good road car ideas have yet to trickle down into boats. Variable valve timing and intake port lengths are ones that would help gas mileage tremendously. We DO have EFI and all electronic ignition, at least.

Jeff"

It's depends on what Mercu

It's depends on what Mercury wants to buy from GM
anymore. It's not like there's much competition in I/O's.

Back