Logo

VALUE OF 79 EVENRUDE

79boatman

TRY TO FIND THE VALUE 79 EVENR

TRY TO FIND THE VALUE 79 EVENRUDE 85 HP MY NEIBOR HAS IT TYING OFFER FAIR PRICE IT RUNS WELL HAS 120 ON ALL FOUR CYLINDERS IT EVEN COMES WITH BULL ANTS IN THE WATERPUMP BUT I THINK WE GOT MOST OF THEM OUT THERMASTCOVER NEED TO BE REPLACED AND THE SOLINOID PLEASE HELP LOOKING FOR A PRICE .

Its 3o years old so I would of

Its 3o years old so I would offer a price consistent with a parts engine...as it might be a parts engine shortly after you start putting hrs on it. If major issues do crop up you can at least get your money back from parts.

"Since it's running, maybe

"Since it's running, maybe 250 bucks.

This had OMC's older style ignition which will cost you a big bundle if it develops a problem (read at least double what the motor is worth).

Personally, I would treat it as a "disposable engine". As Rollie points out, what's it's parts value if it gags on you?

If the price I put on it sounds low, consider that last fall I picked up a 1986, 140 horse that had a new starter, new trim pump and 1 year old VRO pump - running fine, with excellent compression for just 600 bucks (the VRO is a 400 dollar part by itself).

So if that motor that I picked up sold for about 600, 250 for the one you are looking at sounds quite generous..."

"this did NOT have an older st

"this did NOT have an older style ignition....it had 2 packs...just like the 80's series..excellent overhaulable engine...price..depends on area,and if u r buying or selling....where i am at,it good shape would sell for 1500 to 2000 easy....rem....that came,...w/factory TNT."

"jwb is right my 87 90 hp with

"jwb is right my 87 90 hp with trim/tilt should fetch betweeb 800 1200 in the north east(mass)
area,so that gives me a ball park of what i can sell the unit for ,thinking about 3000.+-"

"Is this the v4 motor?

The

"Is this the v4 motor?

They were specced up to 140 hp depending on carbs & exhaust cover.

Many said they are bullet-proof and last well, dependant on maitainance.

I had the 100hp long shaft circa 1980, only issue was the power packs and tilt pump. Otherwise reliable.

Sold it for R15 000, about $2k, give or take. New owner still stoked about the performance."

Back